Time to buy a new mp3 player?
Jul 27, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #16 of 26
PC can be off. The cool factor of Clix is pretty high!
Sound is excellent: on par with Iaudio U3. However, no playback for lossless.
Works really well with Urge service which I am trying out.

Jul 27, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paleo
Not a bad price and I liked my older Rio players (Cali, Forge, etc) however they ALL broke! No wonder Rio is no more. And no wonder there are a million refurbs for sale!

The only fear i'd have with the Carbon is Rio's reputation for breaking down and the 1 month warranty that you get. Quite the risk. Nice player though.

Actually DNNA which used to own Rio sold them off to another company along with all intellectual property. Rio lives! A Rio player will resurface...

But from what I've heard, they had terrible customer support.

With that said, I've had my Rio Carbon 5GB since it was released and I have had no problems. It is an awesome little player. Sure it doesn't play movies or have a colour screen, but I barely look at the screen anyway. It just disappears into my pocket and that's that. For $130, it's a steal.

Jul 27, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by slunk007
Actually DNNA which used to own Rio sold them off to another company along with all intellectual property. Rio lives! A Rio player will resurface...

But from what I've heard, they had terrible customer support.

With that said, I've had my Rio Carbon 5GB since it was released and I have had no problems. It is an awesome little player. Sure it doesn't play movies or have a colour screen, but I barely look at the screen anyway. It just disappears into my pocket and that's that. For $130, it's a steal.

Suuuweeet! Looking forward to a Rio reappearance.

Jul 30, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 26
I guess 3 hours from when empty, but mine seems to be always full since it is connected to my pc regularly for music downloads.
The battery life has not been an issue yet: it is rated for 25 hrs, however not likely. I just wish it was 4 gig instead of 2.

Jul 31, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by navidf
I guess 3 hours from when empty, but mine seems to be always full since it is connected to my pc regularly for music downloads.
The battery life has not been an issue yet: it is rated for 25 hrs, however not likely. I just wish it was 4 gig instead of 2.

Why do you need 4 gig? For videos? I'm using a 1 gig and more than happy...I don't need more than 100 songs at a time.

Wouldn't constantly connecting to USB shorten the length of the battery? Is it not best to completely drain it and then completely charge it?

Aug 6, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Why do you need 4 gig? For videos? I'm using a 1 gig and more than happy...I don't need more than 100 songs at a time.

For casual listening, I put together various playlists of different stuff, and then have them just play randomly. I've put together several of them, and they tend to have a few hundred songs and total between 2 and 3 GB. For a flash player, I want to be able to load any of them on it. For me, 2GB would be just enough to constantly frustrate me.

Aug 6, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Wouldn't constantly connecting to USB shorten the length of the battery? Is it not best to completely drain it and then completely charge it?

No, its actually best to charge li-ion batteries as often as possible. Draining them can actually damage the battery. I think ni-mh batteries need to be drained, but those arent really used anymore.

To the OP, no dont get a new mp3 player. I was thinking about buying an h120 a couple weeks ago(bought the h320 instead) and it is a kickass mp3 player. You really wont find anything better out there unless you are going to be watching videos(which is just a gimmick really). Do you have rockbox installed on it? You should also consider doing a battery upgrade to get 30h life from it. Check out misticriver.com if you havent already.

Aug 6, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
No, its actually best to charge li-ion batteries as often as possible. Draining them can actually damage the battery. I think ni-mh batteries need to be drained, but those arent really used anymore.

I think you're talking about ni-cad, not ni-mh. Ni-cads require draining, are suseptable to memory effect, and aren't used much anymore.
One of the big advantages of ni-mh over ni-cads is the absence of memory effect. They are used quite widely.

Aug 8, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #26 of 26
I have a H120 that I bought when they first came out, but I hadn't been using it until recently. With the latest Rockbox firmware, the H120 becomes a great music player and the best HD digital recorder. To make it easier to carry the H120, I got a deal on the Iskin H120 case. It is only $5.99 plus $7.50 S&H and comes with a very good belt clip (J hook design as opposed to an L shape). All of the ports are covered by the skin except for the remote jack and hold switch. Even the screen is protected by a hard plastic shield (not a flimsy vinyl screen protector).

Even today, there is a lack of good HD players that have a full functioned LCD remote, Rockbox support, and optical ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back