Tigers having a sale
Jun 23, 2006 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

phergus_25

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 23, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 7
This post is completely out of place. Tiger Direct is a shady business that has been reported to the BBB so many times that many people won't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Nothing personal phergus_25, but I'd pay to see them out of business.

Jun 23, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 7
They sometimes have good prices, but NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE get into their mail-in rebate crap. I sent in my rebate for a printer, the rebate center sent me an email back saying I bought it after the rebate time when in fact it was during the rebate time. So I sent them the copy of a receipt again, and then they said that it is NOW after the rebate program so they woun't honor the rebate anymore. Total dickheads!

Jun 24, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel
They sometimes have good prices, but NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE get into their mail-in rebate crap. I sent in my rebate for a printer, the rebate center sent me an email back saying I bought it after the rebate time when in fact it was during the rebate time. So I sent them the copy of a receipt again, and then they said that it is NOW after the rebate program so they woun't honor the rebate anymore. Total dickheads!

if someone's going to bother getting this, the chance of you getting the rebate from tigerdirect is literally something like .00000001%. I seriously have not heard a single person who hasn't gotten a rebate from them without SERIOUS, SERIOUS work. If you really want that $10, you'll probably end up filing a report with the attorney general or something before they react and give you something. not worth it, price doesn't seem particularly slick in the first place anyway.

Jun 24, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 7
WOW! I didnt realize that they were such ass holes. My bad. I havent bought from them, but I assumed that they would be on the up and up. Thanks for the heads up.
-greg

Jun 25, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Wow! I've purchased from Tiger multiple times, and I always thought they were a very good vendor. Nice prices, fast shipping, etc... Of course, I never had to go through a rebate with them.

I guess I'll stay away from now on...

Jun 25, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Maybe tigerdirect.ca is different, but I've gotten every single rebate back I've sent in without any work other then the required making a copy of the invoice and buying a stamp. The once I got a damaged componet I was able to return it to a tiger retail store without any trouble.

That being said the tools look kind of junky(not being a tool snob, my kit is made of pieces from radioshack and Canadian tire)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back