Tidal Lossless Streaming
Sep 24, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,896 of 5,210
I am a fan of the British singer Barb Junger. Tidal used to have her entire catalogue, now there are only a couple of albums. I checked Spotify, but the same few albums are there as well. Perhaps it's a contractual issue and not a Tidal issue.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #2,897 of 5,210
Does anybody now what is new in the last update of the desktop app?
I received the update yesterday, installed it but couldn't see any obvious differences.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N9005 folosind Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #2,899 of 5,210
why does the tidal site stipulate using versions 38/39 of chrome for it to work. i downloaded tidal desktop no problems and i am using the latest chrome version 53 or 54 i think. finally why is the use of chrome so important. is it just for the process of downloading their application as surely tidal desktop is independent of any browser once installed? many thanks to all it also seems impossible to find anywhere to download chrome 38/39. Talking about tidal hifi lossless of course. I use desktop not webplayer version

Sorry forgot to mention im using desktop not webplayer version. I think ive confused myself between desktop and webplayer requirements. still the question regarding versions 38/39 of chrome for webplayer remains. i only joined yesterday!! lol  currently using earmax pro 2 with modimultibit and b and 0 h6 2nd gen cans.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2,900 of 5,210
  why does the tidal site stipulate using versions 38/39 of chrome for it to work. i downloaded tidal desktop no problems and i am using the latest chrome version 53 or 54 i think. finally why is the use of chrome so important. is it just for the process of downloading their application as surely tidal desktop is independent of any browser once installed? many thanks to all it also seems impossible to find anywhere to download chrome 38/39. Talking about tidal hifi lossless of course. I use desktop not webplayer version

Sorry forgot to mention im using desktop not webplayer version. I think ive confused myself between desktop and webplayer requirements. still the question regarding versions 38/39 of chrome for webplayer remains. i only joined yesterday!! lol  currently using earmax pro 2 with modimultibit and b and 0 h6 2nd gen cans.

Think it is just a fail of updating their website with newer Chrome-versions. Kinda irrelevant. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #2,901 of 5,210
With OS X/Audirvana desktop, I tried the free 90 day Tidal/Audirvana promo a few months ago. Couldn't be happier. Now my hundreds of lossless rips are augmented by seemingly endless exploration of thousands of 16/44 albums. Sure, there are some titles missing and some artists' catalogs are a bit short, but there is a wealth of material there.

Sonically, the streamed flac files aren't quite as "alive" as the same titles ripped AIFF and played with Audirvana's minimalist setting, but they are miles beyond lossy files.

Easily worth $20 per month

IMO
YMMV

Totally agree, except Tidal files sound even better than my lossless files, since I'm using flac/alac and not wav/aiff. 

This is why Tidal's year over year losses worry me that it may eventually go under or get sold to a company that won't support it's Hifi tier.

If this does happen I really hope other options become available like Qobuz moving into the US market. 

Has anyone heard anything about alternatives to Tidal lossless coming down the line?

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #2,902 of 5,210
Has anyone had a problem with Tidal app version 2.0.1.85 (latest) for Mac (macOS Sierra) auto starting after boot or launching with a minimized Window? It's not a real big deal but annoying all the same, as I didn't specify this and it never did before that last Tidal update. I searched all the usual places in the system settings and directories and it doesn't appear anywhere as a startup item. I even did a clean install of Tidal and also reverted back to 2.0.1.84 but Tidal still exhibits the same behavior. I emailed tech support, so now the wait, to see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Update: The problem is caused by a bad .plist file being written to the LaunchAgents directory. I was able to figure out a work around but it still needs to be fixed. I sent an updated email to tech support.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #2,903 of 5,210
  Has anyone had a problem with Tidal app version 2.0.1.85 (latest) for Mac (macOS Sierra) auto starting after boot or launching with a minimized Window? It's not a real big deal but annoying all the same, as I didn't specify this and it never did before that last Tidal update. I searched all the usual places in the system settings and directories and it doesn't appear anywhere as a startup item. I even did a clean install of Tidal and also reverted back to 2.0.1.84 but Tidal still exhibits the same behavior. I emailed tech support, so now the wait, to see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Update: The problem is caused by a bad .plist file being written to the LaunchAgents directory. I was able to figure out a work around but it still needs to be fixed. I sent an updated email to tech support.

In the settings you can change this behavior with the windows app not sure on the Mac version though.  

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,904 of 5,210
  In the settings you can change this behavior with the windows app not sure on the Mac version though.  

Thank you. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best answer. There is a setting for startup action but what is confusing, is that I never had this problem until I updated a few day ago. Maybe that update changed the default setting or added settings. I dunno. What else thats confusing is, I appear to be running a version that doesn't exist. My version is 2.0.1.85 whereas, the latest version that is available for download is 2.0.1.84. Go Figure!

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,905 of 5,210

Thank you. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the best answer. There is a setting for startup action but what is confusing, is that I never had this problem until I updated a few day ago. Maybe that update changed the default setting or added settings. I dunno. What else thats confusing is, I appear to be running a version that doesn't exist. My version is 2.0.1.85 whereas, the latest version that is available for download is 2.0.1.84. Go Figure!

I know on windows every time a new version comes out I have to go back in and change the setting and re-pin the app to my taskbar.  I wish tidal would make the updates remember all previous settings.

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #2,906 of 5,210
Can anyone with links to Tidal confirm this rumour that has popped up on a few threads that the Astell & Kern implementation (starting with the AK70 and AK3XX devices) will NOT support offline mode?

I may be misunderstanding horribly, but does that mean you won't be able to download Tidal albums onto the AK device to listen to offline? Seems a bit mad as I can't be the only person who mainly uses a Tidal that way.

I guess we'll all find out in a few weeks (in theory) but appreciate any inside intel in advance.

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #2,907 of 5,210
Can anyone with links to Tidal confirm this rumour that has popped up on a few threads that the Astell & Kern implementation (starting with the AK70 and AK3XX devices) will NOT support offline mode?

I may be misunderstanding horribly, but does that mean you won't be able to download Tidal albums onto the AK device to listen to offline? Seems a bit mad as I can't be the only person who mainly uses a Tidal that way.

I guess we'll all find out in a few weeks (in theory) but appreciate any inside intel in advance.

I confirmed with AK. No Tidal offline in the initial release.

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #2,909 of 5,210

I confirmed with AK. No Tidal offline in the initial release.

@cuiter23, thanks for the info. I'll be keeping my Onkyo DP-X1 for the time being then. You'd think AK could just do it properly after all this waiting.
Appreciate the intel.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,910 of 5,210
@cuiter23, thanks for the info. I'll be keeping my Onkyo DP-X1 for the time being then. You'd think AK could just do it properly after all this waiting.
Appreciate the intel.

Good call if your storage is all on Tidal. I've heard the SQ of the DP-X1 rivals some of the best costing double or more. The only reason I bought the AK was for its UI and novelty purposes, plus I don't need the ultimate SQ for portable as I'm always on the noisy bus lol.

To be honest, I am averse to AKerns decision to not roll out offline mode straight off the bat. We've waited long enough for the release already... might as well give us the whole package!

However, I do enjoy the idea of collecting my own music, which I am slowly doing. Plus I don't really like the UI of Tidal on AK, much prefer the stock player as it is a lot prettier (all the more reason to store my own music, I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back