Tidal Lossless Streaming
Dec 12, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,831 of 5,210
Yeah, I mean Last.FM is kind of the de facto standard. Tidal uses it, Spotify uses it, I think Google scrobbles as well. 

That's My biggest issue. If I could get Spotify's suggestions/discovery with Google's online storage and Tidal's HiFi, I'd be in hog heaven.

As it stands, I may end up going back to Google because it's kind of a decent "in the middle". 

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #1,832 of 5,210
Just got the email about the Tidal shop. Is it new or very old news and I just missed it? Nice to be able to download songs and move them onto different devices (says the guy who just bought a new DAP that runs Tidal for streaming / downloading onto that device!)

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,834 of 5,210
Google Music does a great job of encoding 320. It's so close to Tidal Hi-Fi that it's worth the price over Tdal. Plus, you get ad free you tube red all for 9.99. I did A/B Test MA Mezanine. So, close it makes Google Music my choice. Library is huge. Too. Goodbye Spotify and Tidal, (after March 2016).

I'm looking at Google Music right now and it looks like it functions like Pandora (i.e. radio that doesn't let you choose exactly what you want to hear). Am I missing something here?

EDIT: NVM - I see you have to be subbed for on demand.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #1,835 of 5,210
I have an Auralic Aries Mini streamer ordered.  One of the deciding factors in the purchase was a free year of Tidal.  Any feedback on how well the Auralic streamers, Tidal, and the Lightning Ios app play together?

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,836 of 5,210
Google Music does a great job of encoding 320. It's so close to Tidal Hi-Fi that it's worth the price over Tdal. Plus, you get ad free you tube red all for 9.99. I did A/B Test MA Mezanine. So, close it makes Google Music my choice. Library is huge. Too. Goodbye Spotify and Tidal, (after March 2016).

Whoa whoa. They are? You get both?

Okay, I'm back with Google I think. XD

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,840 of 5,210
A brand new roon user here (like I've been using it for 30 mins now)
My overall Signal Chain quality is "High Quality"

When I check my signal chain it looks like this:

Am I supposed to see "Purple" overall, if yes what am I missing ?
Thanks for your help in advance.

My chain is iMac > Roon / Tidal > Yggy

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,841 of 5,210
Absolutely. Both.

I only briefly looked at Google, but it doesn't appear to offer the user much control or search function, just a bunch of curated stuff. I didn't look hard, but I didn't see much control for the user so if that is the case and I need Google to think for me I'm not sure that is a great thing. Did I miss something in Google?

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,842 of 5,210
  I only briefly looked at Google, but it doesn't appear to offer the user much control or search function, just a bunch of curated stuff. I didn't look hard, but I didn't see much control for the user so if that is the case and I need Google to think for me I'm not sure that is a great thing. Did I miss something in Google?

If you're not subscribed to it all you'll see are the radio stations. With a subscription it's fully featured. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,843 of 5,210

If you're not subscribed to it all you'll see are the radio stations. With a subscription it's fully featured. 

Thanks for the information. Google does a craptastic job marketing it. When I was drilling through the about and all the Google marketing, unless I missed it, there was virtually zero information about what to expect via a paid subscription. I must have missed it as I can't imagine Google with all of the resources didn't do a proper job telling prospective customers why they should shell out some cash and subscribe. I swear I saw virtually nothing, where was the information as I freely admit I must have missed it?

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,844 of 5,210
  Thanks for the information. Google does a craptastic job marketing it. When I was drilling through the about and all the Google marketing, unless I missed it, there was virtually zero information about what to expect via a paid subscription. I must have missed it as I can't imagine Google with all of the resources didn't do a proper job telling prospective customers why they should shell out some cash and subscribe. I swear I saw virtually nothing, where was the information as I freely admit I must have missed it?

TBH I don't know if it's on the site at all. I just knew it was there from announcements back when it was new.  It might not be anywhere, which is a MASSIVE oversight on Google's part.

But the combo of everything is awesome:

- All the streaming music

- Store your own on their servers (BandCamp!)

- YouTube Red

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #1,845 of 5,210

TBH I don't know if it's on the site at all. I just knew it was there from announcements back when it was new.  It might not be anywhere, which is a MASSIVE oversight on Google's part.

But the combo of everything is awesome:

- All the streaming music

- Store your own on their servers (BandCamp!)

- YouTube Red

Damn this site sucks sometimes. Does anybody else get this problem: about 20% of the time if I quote somebody in my reply, you see what you typed below the quote, hit submit and your text is missing, just the quoted information is there? Just happened now for like the 30th time I swear, and this is on two different computers!

Anyway, I was asking about the Google relationship with BandCamp which I didn't know about and what the quality of the stream is from Google. Thanks brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back