Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 14, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,666 of 5,209
Are you getting the same result using the Tidal app on your laptop and the Tidal Chrome browser login? I assume you have tried both.

Yes, and i actually logged out of the android app for the first time ever, and was also not able to log back in there either on my home wifi. On my android phone i simply turned wifi off and logged back in on 3g and then again switched wifi back on and it continues to work fine. I just cant actually log in on my home network, but again, once im in i can continue to stream over the same network that i cant login on.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,667 of 5,209
Yes, and i actually logged out of the android app for the first time ever, and was also not able to log back in there either on my home wifi. On my android phone i simply turned wifi off and logged back in on 3g and then again switched wifi back on and it continues to work fine. I just cant actually log in on my home network, but again, once im in i can continue to stream over the same network that i cant login on.

And if you connect the PC to the router with an Ethernet cable? sorry for the questions, but trying to help rule out some variables.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #1,668 of 5,209
And if you connect the PC to the router with an Ethernet cable? sorry for the questions, but trying to help rule out some variables.

I couldnt get my laptop to connect wired for some reason. I dont think that is related. Either way, i cant use this laptop wired regularly anyway, but i did try to test it wired.

Nov 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,669 of 5,209
I couldnt get my laptop to connect wired for some reason. I dont think that is related. Either way, i cant use this laptop wired regularly anyway, but i did try to test it wired.

I was kind of hoping a wired test would narrow it down to a strictly wifi problem or a problem with general router settings. I'm out of suggestions for testing, except what might be the easiest one--swap in another router. Good luck. Perhaps others can chime in.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,670 of 5,209

Are you using a VPN service that is making your IP look like you're in a different country by any chance? Your problem sounds like what happens to me when I'm using a VPN. I have to disconnect from the VPN, log in to Tidal and then I can turn the VPN back on. Essentially I gather what's going on is Tidal expects you to be logging in from the country you're subscribed in. Either that or it's banned the VPN IP's which I guess could be possible as well.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,671 of 5,209
Are you using a VPN service that is making your IP look like you're in a different country by any chance? Your problem sounds like what happens to me when I'm using a VPN. I have to disconnect from the VPN, log in to Tidal and then I can turn the VPN back on. Essentially I gather what's going on is Tidal expects you to be logging in from the country you're subscribed in. Either that or it's banned the VPN IP's which I guess could be possible as well.

That sounds like it makes sense. Ill check it out.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,672 of 5,209
I dont see vpn settings in my router settings.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #1,673 of 5,209
I dont see vpn settings in my router settings.

You would know if you have got VPN...so it is not likely your problem. You could also try to reset your router to facrtory default. There is usually a minimal button somwhere that you will need to press with a needel of some kind (not the sharp end though). This will mean that you will have to start all over with the settings. But use it as a last resort before purchasing a new router.

Here is a link for trouble shooting http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/262550/12-tips-for-troubleshooting-your-internet-connection

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #1,674 of 5,209

In my experience, Tidal does not care what country you are in. I used US and Canadian subscriptions in Brasil for many months. I now have a Brasilian sub and just used it in Canada for three months. I have also used the Brasilian sub in the US.

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #1,675 of 5,209
In my experience, Tidal does not care what country you are in. I used US and Canadian subscriptions in Brasil for many months. I now have a Brasilian sub and just used it in Canada for three months. I have also used the Brasilian sub in the US.

In my case it could be that the IP the VPN was using is banned then.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,676 of 5,209
Can anyone advise how to contact Customer Service at Tidal.
I have been using Tidal since March with no problems and excellent results.  Last few days, I noticed that streaming from my playlist experiences intermittent stoppages to load/reload data.
Everything with computer, internet connection etc. has not changed from my end. 
I am based in Hong Kong, and just wondering if something is happening with their server for this region.
Would appreciate any info or advice from members.

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #1,677 of 5,209
I have been using Tidal since March with no problems and excellent results.  Last few days, I noticed that streaming from my playlist experiences intermittent stoppages to load/reload data.
I am based in Hong Kong, and just wondering if something is happening with their server for this region.

Tidal streaming has been sporadic at best for me as well (I'm in Singapore).

Couple of local users reporting drop outs and stuttering / no data loading etc too (it' been about 2-3 days).

With reports of top execs jumping ship i'm starting to worry. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #1,678 of 5,209

Tidal streaming has been sporadic at best for me as well (I'm in Singapore).

Couple of local users reporting drop outs and stuttering / no data loading etc too (it' been about 2-3 days).

With reports of top execs jumping ship i'm starting to worry. 

Hope it is a localized issue and Tidal will sort out the dropouts and no data loading situation.  Yes, it started a few days ago.
I tested connecting through a VPN link to the US and it seems to eliminate the dropouts.
Keeping fingers crossed it is a temporary situation in Asia.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #1,680 of 5,209

From the Tidal website ...
"For customer support questions please click HERE to submit a ticket request"
https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This is happening to a lot of people in Australia since 04th November (and also now hearing of a few from NZ as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back