Tianyun Zero DAC - New 2009 Edition
Sep 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #241 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds normal.

Hmm how come the volume can't be controlled over at the windows control side? Previously i using an Styleaudio DAC USB, volume can be changed using windows tho.

Got another question! Going to get an OPA-Moon, the extension lead cables are needed for Zero DAC right?

Can't decide between OPA-Moon or OPA-Earth.. Heard OPA-Earth signature is more to neutral, how about OPA-Moon? I'm looking for more to the vocals side and lesser bass. Which one should i get?

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #242 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme3X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone! Just got myself a Zero DAC 2009 edition. Btw i connecting this to my PC using the USB. But i can't seems to adjust volume through my windows volume control.. I'm only able to control the volume through my speaker control pod. Is that normal?

If You want to control the volume through control panel, You have to disable the preamp section. Doing this, the zero will work only like a DAC. You have to press the preamp button.

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #243 of 336
I've just put my brand new HDAM OPA MOON into the DAC section of my Zero and I'm wondering what is the best combination of opamp in the headphones section with the MOON ???
I'm sure you've tried a million of combinations, but can you give me some advice ?
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #244 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by higo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If You want to control the volume through control panel, You have to disable the preamp section. Doing this, the zero will work only like a DAC. You have to press the preamp button.

Hmm i'm using preamp mode off i think? (No light from the preamp). I tried pressing the preamp button (Green lights turn on). I now can control the volume through Zero control pod, but i still can't control the volume using windows tho..

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #245 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme3X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm how come the volume can't be controlled over at the windows control side? Previously i using an Styleaudio DAC USB, volume can be changed using windows tho.

Got another question! Going to get an OPA-Moon, the extension lead cables are needed for Zero DAC right?

Can't decide between OPA-Moon or OPA-Earth.. Heard OPA-Earth signature is more to neutral, how about OPA-Moon? I'm looking for more to the vocals side and lesser bass. Which one should i get?

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Definitely Moon.

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #246 of 336
I haven't heard the earth or the Sun v2 but I'm very satisfied with my OPA-Moon in the DAC section + 2 LM4562 in the headphones section ;o)
I try to find the good combination with the opa-moon (I'm pretty sure that everybody think 2xOPA627BP...
tongue.gif
) but nobody here can tell me... 2 posts in 2 different topics, but NO REPLY...
confused.gif

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #247 of 336
got my 2009 version today. i am surprised it was delivered because its a public holiday ;o will listen to it for a while and see how it ranks with my stx
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #248 of 336
quite a few things arrived today when i got home from work
biggrin.gif

my HDAM earth sun and moon arrived and also my samples from Linear Technology LT1364CN8.

will put up some pics after dinner of my setup

edit

biggrin.gif
here's the picture

i think the LT1364CN8 isn't what i am after so i put back the JRC opamps zero comes with

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #249 of 336
I see a lot of people commenting on the Zero being $160+, is anyone aware of it being $135?
ã€09 ZERO DAC】24/192KHZ DAC@HEAD AMP@OPA2604 high-quali - eBay (item 110438856081 end time Oct-02-09 11:38:50 PDT)

For that price, I'm seriously thinking about it now. I ordered some sample opamps a while back (LT1364 + LM4562) I think and I'm kinda getting anxious to try them. My concern is that will it be a worth-while upgrade in my sig setup? I would use the digital out of my X-Fi and use the Zero to drive my DT770's. Thoughts anyone?

Oct 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #250 of 336
smily_headphones1.gif
the price difference is the different opamp it comes in. 2x opa627 on browndog adaptor than a op2604

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #251 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by levin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
the price difference is the different opamp it comes in. 2x opa627 on browndog adaptor than a op2604

wsz0304 sells the unit for $135 shipped to the US. For $18 extra you can get the OPA627 upgrade. Just thought I'd let people know
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway... Bump for below question
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spanky- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My concern is that will it be a worth-while upgrade in my sig setup? I would use the digital out of my X-Fi and use the Zero to drive my DT770's. Thoughts anyone?

Oct 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #252 of 336
smily_headphones1.gif
i got mine through him anyway.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #253 of 336
Quote:

Originally Posted by levin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
i got mine through him anyway.

me too
wink.gif
but I'm pretty sure that the dual OPA627s are fake...

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #255 of 336
Quote:

You should test them and if they are let him know. He's a nice guy

yes, he is. my zero was HS in about 2 months and he told me that I just have to send back mine to have a new one
redface.gif
(it has cost me about 40$ to send it back to China from France and 40$ more of VAT tax when I received the new one
frown.gif
)....

Quote:

Maybe these sellers don't even know they have fakes.

I'm pretty sure he Knows..... but it's the game.... We all know here the real price of a dual opa627's chip
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back