Thunderstorm recordings
Jan 20, 2011 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

threedee

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any good compilation of quality thunderstorm recordings ?
Not just samples, but a long recording of a good storm. I'd really like to get
my hands on some binaural recordings of that if something like that exists...

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 27

Quote:
Anyone know of any good compilation of quality thunderstorm recordings ?
Not just samples, but a long recording of a good storm. I'd really like to get
my hands on some binaural recordings of that if something like that exists...

I have made some in high resolution binaural sound.

You can always see if you can get this recording:

http://www.discogs.com/Brad-Miller-The-Power-And-The-Majesty/release/1980525

It's available on CD, vinyl and cassette. The cassette is a 1:1 transfer of the master tape.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 27
Jan 20, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #4 of 27
The Mystic Moods Orchestra had an album that blended music and thunderstorms. By the way, that Power and Majesty album is a real mother of a record. It's guaranteed to push your system to it's limits.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 27
It is free. Go outside. If you want nature on a shiny man made disk, then you have to pay.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #9 of 27
Yeah, because there is nature everywhere anymore, and it's always thunderstorming everywhere.  I don't want it on a disk I would like it to download, losslessly.  There is no creativity to recording a storm.  It shouldn't even be copyrightable.  There is no intellectual property.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 27
What about photography, then?

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 27

Quote:
Yeah, because there is nature everywhere anymore, and it's always thunderstorming everywhere.  I don't want it on a disk I would like it to download, losslessly.  There is no creativity to recording a storm.  It shouldn't even be copyrightable.  There is no intellectual property.

Then record a storm yourself, then you can have nature on demand for cheap. That is, if you have recording equipment to do it justice. Or just move someplace where it storms a lot. That is, if you are in a financial situation where you can buy a house. Things cost money, bud, sorry that I'm the one to tell you that.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #12 of 27

Quote:
There is no creativity to recording a storm.  It shouldn't even be copyrightable.  There is no intellectual property.

Give it a try and do it properly.

Once you capture it faithfully, without any flaws, come back and re-evaluate that statement.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 27
Go to www.naturespace.com/headroom  redeem code:  3DSound  16' of thunderstorm.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #14 of 27
Photography is not art.  Setting up a scene might be, but taking a picture is not art, especially ones of nature.  People who take pictures of everything and everyone constantly piss me off, and the people who walk around with SLRs all the time in case they see something they can take a picture of and pawn it off as their own art just sicken me even more.  A janitor is a person in the custodial arts, whatever that means is beyond me.  If cleaning things is an art now, then wow, true art is really lost.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #15 of 27

Quote:
Photography is not art.  Setting up a scene might be, but taking a picture is not art, especially ones of nature.  People who take pictures of everything and everyone constantly piss me off, and the people who walk around with SLRs all the time in case they see something they can take a picture of and pawn it off as their own art just sicken me even more.  A janitor is a person in the custodial arts, whatever that means is beyond me.  If cleaning things is an art now, then wow, true art is really lost.

This is wonderful! You don't only have an opinion, you actually know everything. And then, of course, you also judge everybody. 
There are a lot of you here lately, please join them on my ignore list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back