Thunderpants
Sep 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

joeling

New Head-Fier
Gents,

I just want to alert all fellow hearfi'ers that I am out of pocket USD600+ due to non delivery of a customised headphone purchase from this individual.

I made my order around October 2011 & after numerous email exchange with him, still nothing.

Please be warned that this individual has not been honest with me. His name is Gary Butcher. Let this be a cautionary tale to all considering his products / services.

Regards,
Joe Ling

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 16
Gasoline fight ? What is that ?

Regards,
Joe Ling

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 16
You should really delete this post. Gary is not some newbie fraudster. Sure, he's completely botched communications
with many people still waiting. 

This is a known problem, and you shouldn't have created a thread to schiit all over him. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 16
"schitting" on someone and warning other potential buyers that it's taken a year for a pair of headphones to be shipped seem like pretty different things to me. I don't see any personal insults or anything and definitely appreciate the warning.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
"schitting" on someone and warning other potential buyers that it's taken a year for a pair of headphones to be shipped seem like pretty different things to me.

Uh, ok. Yea, posting private emails is taking it a bit further than "hey, I paid for x and haven't received x" But ok. 
rolleyes.gif

And I guess you didn't read the part about how this is already known. In fact, there's a thread.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 16
Wasn't known by me. Thanks...

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
You should really delete this post. Gary is not some newbie fraudster. Sure, he's completely botched communications
with many people still waiting. 

This is a known problem, and you shouldn't have created a thread to schiit all over him. 

LOL the guy has not got something he ordered months ago. How is he schitting all over Gary seems the opposite is true here

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
LOL the guy has not got something he ordered months ago. How is he schitting all over Gary seems the opposite is true here

The bottom line is he paid for something he didn't receive, but that doesn't excuse going out and posting private messages to the public.
If it's such a huge deal go through the proper channels to reverse the payment.

And like I said again, yea, Gary didn't and hasn't handled the communication end well at all. And AGAIN this has already
been discussed ad nauseam. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 16
Sep 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #11 of 16
I know being the guy who types "This has already been posted newb! Dead horse!" gets you internet pro coolpoints on video game/UFC/etc forums, but it's a little different when someone is warning others about $600 headphones that never materialize.

I was just inquiring about modded T50RPs this morning, and no I had no idea about the saga Nick N just posted, that's the only reason I commented.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
I know being the guy who types "This has already been posted newb! Dead horse!" gets you internet pro coolpoints on video game/UFC/etc forums, but it's a little different when someone is warning others about $600 headphones that never materialize.

I was just inquiring about modded T50RPs this morning, and no I had no idea about the saga Nick N just posted, that's the only reason I commented.

No, but you created a thread concerning something that's already currently being discussed. 

I just think you would have found that thread if you had done a little searching. But it's ok, now you know. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 16
...deleted comment to stay out of this topic...

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
No, but you created a thread concerning something that's already currently being discussed. 

I just think you would have found that thread if you had done a little searching. But it's ok, now you know. 

I didn't create this thread... I just said thanks for the warning.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
I didn't create this thread... I just said thanks for the warning

Corrected.

And all I was saying was posting private messages to the public is rude, IMO. 

There are other channels to go through besides PP.

I agree that Gary has probably lost some trust from the community. I still don't exactly understand why
he's failed to meet orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back