Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Sep 22, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #91 of 879

Quote:
Hey smeggy at this rate we could probably get a 40 to 60 people group buy, are you interested to start a factory? :p (sorry by the way, your life is probably going to be really busy in the next few weeks by my fault :wink: )

I think you should update the op post with list of people, order form link and maybe a quote from smeggy's acceptable wood list

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #93 of 879
So yeah, here's the list of people (can't exceed 15) that seem to be "in" the group buy. 

People interested, if you're not anymore PM me:

1) Radio_Head [amboyna burl if you have it (I'd pay the extra cost on it), otherwise Koa or quilted maple. + 02 pads]

2) Draygonn

3) SLaRe

4) TIMITS

5) LFG530

6) moostrkraaft

7)anetdote

8)googeli

9)craigerson

10)  zowki

11) sperandeo

12)dragoonv 

13)bobeau 

14) than

15) Brentatent12

Waiting list. Not sure about the order... Someone missing or that doesn't belong there?

1) Jalo

2) NU62

3) monotune

4) drgajet

5) asticou  

Most of the woods choices: 

Cherry
walnut
Koa
Purpleheart
Yellowheart
Redheart
cocobolo
East indian, bolivian, honduran rosewood
bloodwood
seaple
Katalox
mahogany
lacewood
zebrawood
Ash
poplar
chechen
maple, hard, curly, spalted and quilted

You can choose the pads as you wish (they'll cost you the "cost"). 

Here's a form to give an idea to smeggy to what he'll have to deal with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEFzWjhzdlNlN0gyZDJ5ZzJhUHFJNnc6MQ

By the way how can we see the results, because if let's say 12 out of 15 agreed on one wood choice I think it could be nice to know and also how many people said they're 100% commited. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #94 of 879
I'd like african iron wood aka desert rose , spare no expense. 

(let's see you whittle that you mangy bugger) 
wink_face.gif

..dB

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #95 of 879
Was unable to get an email throughout to Smeggy about buying a pair so here I am signing up if a spot opens up put me in. I filled out the form.
Thanks M

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #99 of 879
UPDATE:  (11/10/2011 1:41 AM):  To those interested in being added to the waiting list, please be advised that there is no guarantee there will be second group buy, let alone a third one (which the last several people on the list would be in currently).  Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATE:  (10/17/2011 3:17AM) Pricing sheet now available!
(A copy of this post will be updated to post #99 for continuity and convenience sake.)

To whom it may concern:

After much anticipation, the wait is finally over!  Please find below a link to the final spreadsheet which includes pricing information for everyone who was included in the final 15.  Note:  This list also includes comments and additional information from Gary about your specific order.  I'm not sure exactly how actual payment will work yet, but hopefully I will have the details for you soon.  Please take this opportunity to review your orders one last time and ready your cash!  =)  I'll provide more details on the payment process as they become available.

Order Sheet with Pricing!

Gary has asked that I pass along the following information to everyone, however, this should be redundant as these numbers have already been calculated into your order prices.

Pads:
Beyer velours are 40 shipped
Audeze pads are 92 shipped
O2 pads are 155 shipped

Woods:
Blackwood adds 35
Macassar adds 45
Koa adds 25
Ziricote adds 35

*The Macassar is turning out to cost the most as I can only get oversize blocks which still only makes 1 set.

If you have any questions from this point on, please contact either Gary or myself, dependent upon question matter.

Thanks,

Brent

Stage 3 Update (10/06/2011 1:06PM):  Final list compiled, reformatted, and emailed to Smeggy for his review and approval.  I will provide more information as it becomes available.  

1)  brentatent12
2)  anetode
3)  Jalo
4)  Drgajet
5)  dragoonv
6)  Radio_head
7)  timits
8)  googleli*
9)  Than
10)  bobeau
11)  Draygonn
12)  moostrkraaft
13)  Craigerson
14)  nu62 
15)  Asticou

Stage 2 Update

9/24/2011 2:51PM--5/15 from the original group have updated/confirmed their pending orders.
9/24/2011 2:54PM--2 drop outs; Jalo and NU62 contacted per post #98 original waitlist order.  If and when that waitlist is exhausted, people will be asked to jion based on the order they filled out the form.
9/24/2011 4:53PM--6/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/24/2011 7:01PM--8/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/24/2011 8:19PM--9/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/24/2011 10:02PM--11/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/24/2011 10:37PM--12/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/24/2011 12:53AM--13/15 orders accepted/verified on master document.
9/30/2011 3:13AM--Craigerson verified; Varley dropped out; NU62 off wiatlist--awaiting response.
10/01/2011 12:51AM--NU62 verified--14/15
10/04/2011 1:10PM--15/15 verified--Smeggy will now review the orders.  I will contact everyone with more information when it becomes available.
10/06/2011 2:49PM--14/15--Sperandeo has left the buy.  Waiting to hear back from asticou.
10/06/2011 12:36PM--Asticou added--15/15--now preparing list for Smeggy; will send by EOD today.
10/06/2011 1:06PM--Spreadsheet has been reformatted and emailed to Smeggy.

To those whom it may concern:  You may find a link to the aforementioned master document in the PM I sent you earlier today.  Please update/verify your information there if you haven't already.  Then I can send our requests to Gary for his review.  Thanks!

*You may find your names in green on the list below.

--------------------------------------
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
In order to keep things organized, I have created a shared document which may be accessed via this link.  If you have already filled out the form and need to update information, such as your wood choice (for those in the first ten who have not gotten back to me yet), please post it on the document preceded by your username as per the instructions at the top of the page.  Also, please use this page if you have any general questions for me.  Thank you.
--------------------------------------
Hi everyone.  I stepped away for a little while and it seems I've missed a lot.  

Currently, the following people have filled out information form. Please note that, since smeggy has kindly offered to allow us to select any wood from the list we desire, people who have already filled out the form can let me know what they want.  I will update their preferences accordingly.  Rather then spamming the board with your wood choice, can you simply send me a PM with it?  As soon as the remainder of those who are interested fill out the form, I can get it finalized and verified by everyone.  Thanks!

Already filled out the form (please send me 1 wood choice via PM).

1)  brentatent12
2)  LFG530
3)  anetode
4)  Jalo
5)  Drgajet
6)  dragoonv
7)  Radio_head
8)  monotune* (Ziricote if possible; otherwise Macassar Ebony) 
9)  zowki (wood selection updated to Macassar Ebony)
10) timits

11)  hubieburns*
12)  cujobob*
13)  googleli
14)  Failed Engineer*
15)  Than
16)  bobeau
17)  firgoe*
18)  Draygonn
19)  Varley
20)  wdahm519*

21)  moostrkraaft
22)  Craigerson
23)  svyr*
24)  nu62
25)  cclragnarok*
26)  Sperandeo
27)  SLaRe
28)  willmax*
29)  warchild*
30)  Pale Rider*

31)  oqvist*

32)  Asticou

33)  mmlogic*

34)  ajreynol*

*on the waitlist

~Waitlist Σ Order~

1) NU62

2) drgajet

3) monotune

3) asticou

4) cujobob

5) Failed Engineer

6) wdahm519

7) svyr

8) AirX

9)  hubieburns

10)  firgoe
11)  cclragnarok
12)  willmax

13)  warchild

14)  Pale Rider

15)  oqvist

16)  Asticou

17)  mmlogic

18)  ajreynol

19)  turntables

20)  john57
21)  anarchiesct

UPDATE:  The form has been updated so that users filling it out from this point onward may only choose one type of wood to help avoid confusion.
UPDATE 2:  If you see any mistakes on the list, please let me know.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but I'm only human.
UPDATE 3:  List will be updated periodically throughout the day.
UDPATE 4:  Waiting on SLaRe to fill out the form to progress to stage 2.
UDPATE 5:  Evidently I've been using the wrong original list as reference.  Please be advised that the current list here now reflects updates made from post 1, and that I will use post 1 as reference from this point forward.  I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have cased anyone.  Thanks.
DISCLAIMER:  I cross-reference the list on post #93 to determine who's on the waitlist or not, in order to be fair to those who initailly showed interest.
DISCLAIMER:  I cross-reference the list on post #1 to determine who's on the waitlist or not, in order to be fair to those who initailly showed interest.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #102 of 879

Quote:
The only pieces I keep of the original phones are parts of the headband, sometimes the pads and the drivers. I have to make everything else, cups, baffles, hangers, wires and so on. I use quite a lot of parts to construct these and it's all bought in and modified to suit. I'm constantly trying to improve them one way or another so a good part of my time is spent on R&D. Even Jude's set isn't optimal now.

Does that mean that the ones we will have will be better than Jude's? :)

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #103 of 879

Quote:
Filled it out as well, just back to the forum and spent the evening reading up on these. Hopefully more will be made at this price.

Since we filled out a list of 15 buyers in two days and have 6 people waiting, I don't think that would be too tough to organise a second group buy after smeggy will be done with this one (if he is still open to that idea). 

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #104 of 879
I call first on the list for the second group buy after this one (or after all the waiting list guys so far).

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #105 of 879
I'd like to get in on the waitlist too. Will fill out form. I don't care about wood choice or pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back