Throwing away electronics? How?
Jun 3, 2008 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, in my house (well, mainly my bedroom) I have some stuff that needs thrown out.

48" CRT RPTV (dead) - I took the first surface mirror out for future use
3 desktop computers
3 CRT monitors

That's what I think I need to toss. Any ideas on where I can get help? Dell/HP only takes away computers and we don't intend to buy a new computer anytime soon.

So...Help!! I need that 48" RPTV outta my family room!
tongue.gif

Also...I'm in Ohio if that makes any difference.

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 13
Jun 3, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 13
Yes. I wish there was an easy answer to this. We all tend to collect so much electronic junk in our modern age. I would really support companies that have a craddle to grave product policies. I think some high-end car manufatures do. This is where the buyer has piece of mind that when the car is at the end of its life not a piece of it will ever be wasted or see a landfill. The product itself is made to be recycled. Actually, now that I think of it, many products in Japan are like that since we live on a small island and there is no where to put it.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #10 of 13
I don't know how it works in the US.
But in Norway every store need to accept returns of equal products. Ex. if they sell a TV they need to take a TV in return.

Or else there are always the scrapyard, which accept and handle "everything".

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how it works in the US.
But in Norway every store need to accept returns of equal products. Ex. if they sell a TV they need to take a TV in return.

Or else there are always the scrapyard, which accept and handle "everything".

That is actually quite nice. I dumped a whole lot of old stuff the other day, free of charge.

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #12 of 13
BARQY: It's 768mb of PC133 hi-density (3 sticks), 2x 32mb pc100, 2x 256mb RDRAM PC800 sticks Pentium 4 2.53, Misc Pentiums 350,600,667.

Unfortunately USA isn't like Norway in terms of electronic disposal.

<Yawn, I'm sleepy... /random>

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #13 of 13
Hope you get it soon, cause it's better for the environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back