Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Sep 10, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #211 of 1,487
Listened to the M9 again today. With the WM1Z on direct sound, the M9 sounds very pleasant. With the Andro on direct sound, it can be too warm, partly due to the low output impedance of the WM1Z and the Andro's warm signature. Therefore, in most circumstances, I would normally need to tweak the equalizer to compensate.

The M9 does sound like the Andro on a high output impedance (~3 ohms) on the mid and high range. But it has a much stronger bass and slam presence, with a slightly recessed mid and slightly stronger high. That's how I would characterise the M9 on a WM1Z.

I feel for WM1Z users, the M9 would play out better than the Andro. I can't say for WM1A users, as I didn't try that comparison.

The m9 sound perfect to me. The andro lacked bass quality/texture for me. And I'm hearing the m9s bass is closer to dd that gets me super excited

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #212 of 1,487
I'm a Vietnamese, so I can fully understand the video. I agree with most of your translation, except the much better than EX1000. He said that "Its sound is the best ever from Sony, even better than EX1000", not much better. And one more thing, I don't think the video is trustable, since the reviewer Idk not quite famous among the Vietnamese Audiophile. This following video came from one of the most trustful member of the Vietnamese audiophile community and I think you guys should watch it instead: .

Thanks! Did he just say the decay is very good on this ? Anyways, I agree with what you said about the first video. That place didn’t view the Z7 the way it was so I wouldn’t trust that Z1R there, but this second video also mentioned that it is airy ? Now this is consistent and promising

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #213 of 1,487
Thanks! Did he just say the decay is very good on this ? Anyways, I agree with what you said about the first video. That place didn’t view the Z7 the way it was so I wouldn’t trust that Z1R there, but this second video also mentioned that it is airy ? Now this is consistent and promising
I think only the man in the second video is trustable, because of his reputation. If you want to watch the Z7M2, here it is: . In short: a great upgrade from the original Z7, close to the Z1R sound, 70 80% with 1/3 the price.

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #214 of 1,487
I think only the man in the second video is trustable, because of his reputation. If you want to watch the Z7M2, here it is: . In short: a great upgrade from the original Z7, close to the Z1R sound, 70 80% with 1/3 the price.

Dang! I well. Not bad for. Me, I got a Z1R for a nice deal already. Well for 1500 us dollars, I get the other 20-30%" quoting @NaiveSound but it is 30% better!!!! :D

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #217 of 1,487
Wheres the best place to buy the M9 online? I'll give it a go as my gym beaters. I thought about the z1r, but I'm done with heavy and uncomfortable looking iems. These Ms look like they are normal shaped and cable swaps won't be as difficult as the z1r.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #218 of 1,487
Well the Z1R wasn't really intended for gym /jogging, it is intended for the stationary audiophile

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #219 of 1,487
I just tried my M9 on a quick 5km run and it’s amazing. Never lost seal a single moment even with sweat. And they feel so comfortable in the ears. So bass and soundstage sound complete. The supplied 4.4mm cable is also very good. I stuck the DAP in my pocket with the cable hanging outside my shirt. No real microphonics issues with the cable. Almost completely silent. This might be my go to workout:running IEMs.

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #220 of 1,487
I just tried my M9 on a quick 5km run and it’s amazing. Never lost seal a single moment even with sweat. And they feel so comfortable in the ears. So bass and soundstage sound complete. The supplied 4.4mm cable is also very good. I stuck the DAP in my pocket with the cable hanging outside my shirt. No real microphonics issues with the cable. Almost completely silent. This might be my go to workout:running IEMs.

Not surprised. They are extremely light and comfortable.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #223 of 1,487
Accessory jack

Thanks! Ordering now. I see that they include the ML size triple comforts which is what I think I need as M is way too small and L is slightly too big. I really hope I can get a good fit with these and that they are comfortable. They look normal so I think I'll be ok. I have had fit problems with EX1K and Z5. I also wonder if I can use my custom z5 cable with these with the locking connector or if I'll have to send it back to wagnus to be changed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back