Threads that no one ever replys to
Aug 25, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I personally feel a little guilty when I see zero reply threads, especially when it is a person with a very low post-count that has started the thread....

...I tend to post more in low reply threads more than the epic 25 page threads that come and go...

Wouldn't say I feel guilty, but I agree that it's no bad thing to encourage new members. Everyone wants to be heard and acknowledged. Everyone wants to feel a part of the community. An unacknowledged thread can seem embarrassing, and, yes, I occasionally chime in to keep that from happening.

So, sue me.
biggrin.gif

BW

Aug 25, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 43
In my first post/thread ever, there were zero replies and I felt bad.

Now I try to post some sort of comment in threads with no replies. Even if what I have to contribute isn't that great, I end up bumping the thread so someone more educated sees the thread and says something worthwhile.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 43
Yeah, I start a couple of those threads.

But I keep bumping it til people reply.

I'm kinda pushy that way.

And then there are threads where I ask a legitimate question, and I get nothing but flames and ridicule. But there's always one person that posts something useful, and that's what I'm looking for. You just have to filter through the crap.

-Ed

Aug 25, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 43
I know what you mean. Quite a while back I posted some impressions and pics of some new phones.... I think the only reply I got was "they look nice", or something like that. I felt like an idiot.
tongue.gif

From now on I'll try extra hard to reply to ALL of your threads enzo.

Oh, and sorry about your guinea pig. I lost a hamster(Speedy Gonzales
tongue.gif
) when I was younger. Very sad.
frown.gif

JV.

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
I've noticed an inverse relationship between how much thought & effort I put into a post and how many people reply to it...

Amen! I had my poor dog doing the pee-pee dance instead of taking her outside just so I could bring the breaking news about my Meier RCA IC's. I said more than I had planned to and really was trying hard to convey the quality of what I heard.

To no avail, 50 views, no replies. Oh well. That happens with most of my reviews. I'm just not very good at it, I'm afraid.

Aug 26, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 43
I find that having an informative and interesting first post is important, as well as a descriptive thread title. Also, contribute to your own thread to keep it active if it is important... without being too obvious about it
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back