thrash iems 70 $
Jun 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

elk0019

Head-Fier
looking for the iems that will thrash my ears, any suggestions ? i have a hot offer on some jvc fx500 victor , would they excel ?

i also listen to other stuff like good bass BUT i really don't want to compromise in the thrash department :)

ps: i recently had a very bad experience with re0's so i'm looking for something DURABLE ...don't want them to die within just a few months...

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 16
First thought was thrash metal, looks like I'm wrong.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #6 of 16
Haha, I know I was just giving you a hard time. I wish I could help you out but in terms of IEMs I'm an idiot. Looking for some myself, but thrash isn't my preference. What is that btw? like Dragonforce? lol.

Here is my example of thrash hip-hop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFJaYQw8hw&feature=related

Listen to the first minute and try not to laugh.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 16
If by thrash you mean the likes of old Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer, I would recommend the ViSang R03/Brainwavz M2 in the <$70 category. I've not heard the FX500.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #10 of 16
yes those are the bands, including nuclear assault, exodus, etc

i seem to have found the iems you mention.. only problem is it's made in china, and i have a problem with that..

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #11 of 16
If you don't want made in China, you'll have to go with the Westone UM series or something. Nearly all audio equipment made in factories is made in China, because that's where the OEMs are mostly located. Just because it's from China doesn't mean it's junk.

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #13 of 16
try justifing that to me, i just had 2 pairs of re0 brake in just a few months, i tought as you did about made in china before that.. now my eyes are open, no more china for me, i've had enough..

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 16
That has more to do with the IEM itself and its design than where it is made. The factory can do almost anything, and it is up to the main company to design a well designed IEM that will be durable and ensure the factory does what is needed. I have several IEMs made in China that are built very well and have stood up to abuse, and some of them at low prices like $30 too. It's all in design. Other than that, if they cheap out on quality control that's another thing, but that's also up to the main company. Most of the OEMs that make the majority of our IEMs from big names are credible and obviously can have very good quality control for companies like Senn for example. If they can do it for Senn, they can do it for others if so desired.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
try justifing that to me, i just had 2 pairs of re0 brake in just a few months, i tought as you did about made in china before that.. now my eyes are open, no more china for me, i've had enough..

Most of the consumer IEMs are made in China, even brands like Sennheiser. Usually only the flagship series are made in their own countries, and this don't apply for everyone company too. As for the FX-500, the price should be around $130-140. If you plan to get it from ebay, then it will most likely be fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back