Thousands of dollars for 12 months?
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
After spending thousands of dollars on a engagement ring. Are you only suppose to wear it until you are married? Seems like a big waste, no?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 24
Why would you think that? Most women wear the band and the engagement ring. My wife had them joined together by the jeweler.

BTW, if you are already grousing about wasting money, you are doomed. It has only just begun...
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 24
Don't forget the jewelry you're supposed to buy for every anniversary.

Have you priced out the wedding yet?

Unfortunately, I'm single and have no woman to buy rings and jewelry for.

My only option is to spend extra money on audio gear and travel.

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 24
lol that's the first time I ever even heard that! you're suppose to wear both like everybody else has said

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 24
How about be an innovator with an engagement headphone? =D

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 24
Sell it and get yourself a better amp!

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #11 of 24
I bought my wife a new wedding ring for our 15th anniversary a while back. It has it's own center and side diamonds so she only wears it and keeps the engagement ring in her jewelry box. I think if a wedding band (no center diamond) is worn, it is usually done so with the engagement ring. That's been my observation thus far.

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #12 of 24
Many women wear both, as some have stated, often linked together by a jeweler. I also have seen them reused as necklaces, earrings and reset into other ring settings. My mother, on her 40th anniversary, had both reset into a new single setting. As arthritis set in, she found wearing two problematic and uncomfortable. Some women just wear their wedding band. I fall into the latter as I don't like the feeling of more than one on a finger.

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsione1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After spending thousands of dollars on a engagement ring. Are you only suppose to wear it until you are married? Seems like a big waste, no?
smily_headphones1.gif

Good luck getting it away from her once it's on her finger.

BTW, you did get the traditional engagement audio gear from your fiancee, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back