Thoughts on Limited Edition Shure SE215?
Dec 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #31 of 94
I've just tried it yesterday and loved it! The bass is more linear, low bass is more pronounced and the midbass is not as humpy as the original. Mid is a little bit less forward sounding. And the soundstage is wider. I can't remember it clearly but it seems the LE is a little bit clearer than the original

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #32 of 94
I live in Singapore too maybe this will help
http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/product.php?cPath=209_264&products_id=1988
Go to their store at plaza singapura they will let you test out their products. I've been to their store many times. The staff are really helpful :D

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #33 of 94
Go to their store at plaza singapura they will let you test out their products. I've been to their store many times. The staff are really helpful :D
Thank you brother/sister will be going down there next week to pick up either the ltd or the standard one great to see sg people here leh ^_^

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #34 of 94

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #35 of 94
I was just about to order the limited edition as random kid said it would be best given I said; I enjoy the sound sig of my Ultrasone HFi580s, what's a better choice between SE 215(normal/ltd) or Rockit R-50? I'm having a hard time however as I read r-50s are overall a better iem. Is the gap in bass that large between the Shures and Rockit? I would actually give up some bass for an overall better sound reproduction... unless R-50 bass is really bad...

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #36 of 94
I have had the LTD and the standards and I found that I like both quite a lot. I think it is best to order the LTD ones since I believe they only improve upon what was already pretty good in the SE215. I found in the beginning that they were a bit rolled off up top compared to some of my sparklier earphones, but after some burn-in (definitely both physical and mental) the sound only gets better. I experienced this with both the original SE215 and the new LTD ones which is why I saw it is not just mental burn-in. I've not listened to the R50, so I can't comment there, but I am more than satisfied with the sound signature of the SE215 (either one). The nice full (though not forward) midrange is wonderful as is the pretty dang great bass response. The highs are detailed enough without being harsh whatsoever. This and a combination of their incredible comfort, isolation, and build quality (absolutely top notch in all categories) makes them a pair of earphones I'll never let go of.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #41 of 94
Quote:
I was just about to order the limited edition as random kid said it would be best given I said; I enjoy the sound sig of my Ultrasone HFi580s, what's a better choice between SE 215(normal/ltd) or Rockit R-50? I'm having a hard time however as I read r-50s are overall a better iem. Is the gap in bass that large between the Shures and Rockit? I would actually give up some bass for an overall better sound reproduction... unless R-50 bass is really bad...

the R50 sounds too thin for my taste.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #43 of 94
Quote:
I just ordered the Vsonic GR07's.

Gratz.
It's a shame that i do not own the HeadFi's LEGENDARY IEM - Vsonic GR07 ,,,,,,,,,,yet
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back