Thoughts on Limited Edition Shure SE215?
Nov 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

RickH9

100+ Head-Fier
So I just found these on sale at Earphonesolutions:

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se215-blue-ltd.html

What are your thoughts?

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 94
Have they fixed the cutting out problems due to the removable cable design? I went through 2 sets of SE215's before I gave up. I love the colors on this though.

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 94
Quote:
Have they fixed the cutting out problems due to the removable cable design?

I think yes, because my first pair was with this problem and i was testing some new ones and everything was alright. Maybe only on the first versions were problems.

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 94
I love my regular 215s.  I've had them for about a year with zero issues.  Started using them at the gym and they are perfect for that environment. Before that just normal listening.  I don't think the 215s were lacking bass for me, but would give the LTDs a shot.

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 94
Ordered my limited editions yesterday, should be here in a few days. I adore my original 215's and am hoping that what they are promoting with the LE's will make them that much better. I will let y'all know when I get some time burned in in them.

I'm not sure how long I've had the 215's, probably about a year now, and I haven't even though of trying another iem since. Are they prefect? No. Do they do exactly what I need them to do? Yes. Like I said, they are just good enough that I don't get wanderlust and wonder what else is out there. Add some extended bass with the LE's and I may not need to look at this forum for a long time again. :D

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 94
Ordered my limited editions yesterday, should be here in a few days. I adore my original 215's and am hoping that what they are promoting with the LE's will make them that much better. I will let y'all know when I get some time burned in in them.
I'm not sure how long I've had the 215's, probably about a year now, and I haven't even though of trying another iem since. Are they prefect? No. Do they do exactly what I need them to do? Yes. Like I said, they are just good enough that I don't get wanderlust and wonder what else is out there. Add some extended bass with the LE's and I may not need to look at this forum for a long time again. :D

Nice! Some first impressions would be must appreciated :D

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 94
I ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.

I can't compare it with the original though, because I got rid of them a long time ago.

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #12 of 94
I love the color, that's literally like my favorite color, but I don't want them to be any warmer...I'm curious about them, regardless...

Product Highlights
  1. Limited Edition
  2. Blue Earphone Housings
  3. 46” cable length (instead of the standard 60”)
  4. Lighter Shade of Black Replaceable Cables
  5. Slightly Warmer Sound Signature – Small Increase In Low End
  6. Modified Driver to Achieve the Warmer Sound by Changing the Value of the Acoustic Resistance to the Rear Cavity Volume.
  7. This Modification Creates a Slight Change in Performance, Making the Overall Sound Signature a Little Warmer.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #13 of 94
Quote:
I love the color, that's literally like my favorite color, but I don't want them to be any warmer...I'm curious about them, regardless...

I think I jumped on them so fast because they look almost like TF10's at a glance, and the TF10's are my favorite looking IEM due to that color.

I'm still letting them burn in.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #14 of 94
:D Same. I love the TF10/UE900 color, and this is like an even better version. That intense aquamarine color is just AWESOME.
Quote:

I think I jumped on them so fast because they look almost like TF10's at a glance, and the TF10's are my favorite looking IEM due to that color.

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #15 of 94
Quote:

can you give some impression about this litlle bluish thing :D, and maybe some comparison with the regular one (black color)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back