Thought he was a headfier but he just wanted to rob me
Feb 12, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #46 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Santa, I thought you were married...it said so in all those Christmas videos I grew up with...

Oh no, is that another lie? Argh, another mirror of my childhood, shattered!

frown.gif

Only one Mrs. Claus (still looking for her), but no limit on the number of Miss Claus candidates (and that's a much cuter outfit to wear, BTW).

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #47 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will you m arry me? I've got a lot nice headphones that need your protection, and I don't mind handcuffs so long as you promise to be nice...

As long as you call me Miss. headphonus kickassous when I pull out the cuff
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #48 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I be headphonus kickassous?

Another word of wisdom is to always carry cuffs... they come in handy for situations like this.... and for other things
evil_smiley.gif

You can cuff me anytime
wink.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #49 of 83
Quote:

As long as you call me Miss. headphonus kickassous when I pull out the cuff
evil_smiley.gif

It's a deal. Plus, I promise never to try to steal your E500 (only because I have a pair of my own). Well, not only because of that! I would also like to maintain my dingle berries in a reasonably good state of repair!

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #50 of 83
Quote:

The guy looks clean cut and seems harmless enough so I say yes. At this point I just think he wants my number. We have to cut through an industrial park which is empty on Sundays. That's when everything changes. He starts joking that I should give him my e500s, then gets serious about it. Then he grabs me and pulls out a knife and tells me to give them to him.

Damn audiophiles.

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #51 of 83
Quote:

It's a deal. Plus, I promise never to try to steal your E500 (only because I have a pair of my own). Well, not only because of that! I would also like to maintain my dingle berries in a reasonably good state of repair!

I think we are witnessing the start of Date-Fi!

tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we are witnessing the start of Date-Fi!

tongue.gif

Nah, just showing some well deserved respect for a job well done. I'd probably do the same thing if I had those types of self defense skills. It amazes me that there are not more situations like this occurring these days because it seems like everyone is taking Tae Bo and karate classes.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #53 of 83
Quote:

Nah, just showing some well deserved respect for a job well done. I'd probably do the same thing if I had those types of self defense skills. It amazes me that there are not more situations like this occurring these days because it seems like everyone is taking Tae Bo and karate classes.

taking classes is different than being able or even wanting to defend yourself physically. You don't know what the attackers combat skills are, what type of weapons he is carrying, etc. From martial arts I would probably gain the discipline to walk away from a fight rather than engage in one.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #54 of 83
Wow... I don't think I would've risked that, even though I am quite proficient in martial arts, if I may be so presumptuous. Even with all the knowledge, it's still not safe to go up against an armed combatant. If I were your parents, I would've chewed you out, too. Headphones, as dear as they are to us, don't deserve our risking our lives for them.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #55 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones, as dear as they are to us, don't deserve our risking our lives for them.

What?!?! Are you serious? Man, you're not worthy to be a member here!!! Of course you should gaurd your headphones with your life! (Ok, I'm really just kidding. Your point is well taken.)

She should have hit him with a good dose of that pepper spray, though! I'm with her mom on that count. Otherwise, when will she ever use it? Seems like a waste of money to buy something and then never use it. Kind of like having a fire extinguisher in the house but using water from the garden hose outside when you actually do have a fire.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #56 of 83
x4 on the pepper spray - and, you could do a lot worse in life than guarding Wayne's phones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #57 of 83
Impressive story and good outcome. I have never been in any situation remotely close to this so I can only imagine the adrenaline rush. I have a lot of respect for you and your ability to protect yourself and your property. Thanks for posting this encounter.

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #59 of 83
You know, this must be the guys worst day ever. He thought he could "handle" a nerdy head-fier (and a girl at that!) I think you deserve a statue from all nerdy, headphoneloving, star wars discussing guys out here!

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #60 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones, as dear as they are to us, don't deserve our risking our lives for them.

you obviously have not heard the HE90.

5X on the pepper spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back