Those of you with iRiver H1xx players
Aug 31, 2004 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
Do you actually use the remote? I find it to be too cumbersome and to complicated to use without paying significant attention to it. With more/larger buttons and a larger/higher resolution screen on the main player I find myself just holding the main unite in my hand, especially since it's small.

What do you guys do?

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 21
I'd probly have to use the remote. Its looks too cool anyways and is one of the reasons I bought it. I wouldnt want to take my whole player out in my high school cause it'll just be askin people to steal it. My ihp-140 should be arriving any second as I speak. If the dam fedex delivery guy would drive any faster. I'll let you guys know how I like it.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
I'd probly have to use the remote. Its looks too cool anyways and is one of the reasons I bought it. I wouldnt want to take my whole player out in my high school cause it'll just be askin people to steal it. My ihp-140 should be arriving any second as I speak. If the dam fedex delivery guy would drive any faster. I'll let you guys know how I like it.

I agree with you in this case. When you want to conseal your player, the remote is great. But, I'm not usually in such a situation and I prefer to just hold the player in my hand and utilize the functions that way.

Aug 31, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 21
i dont use it. mainly because i thought it was't design as well as their previous remotes (imp400). too many joggers and the text is way way small. the backlight is dark, and the a clip is too thin.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 21
I like remote-controlled players. The problem I found with the iHP was that both the main unit and remote were quite counterintuitive.

Speaking from a 'wear remote on jacket' style standpoint, lashings of chromed plastic is so late 80's (and not in a good way). The silly design oversight which prevents most headphones from attaching to the remote without the included extension cable is another problem.
remotes.jpg

If you take a look at this pic, it's quite clear which is the most dated (the Creative remote) but the iRiver is a very close second. The remote is from the iMP-550 in this photo but the same remote is used for the H series.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i dont use it. mainly because i thought it was't design as well as their previous remotes (imp400). too many joggers and the text is way way small. the backlight is dark, and the a clip is too thin.

My thoughts exactly.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 21
Yeah, the one big problem with the H1xx series is that they have a goofy UI. They need moree buttons on the main unit and less functionality on the remote. All I need is directory browsing, play/stop/etc, volume and repeat modes.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 21
I used to when I was in school. But it became a hassle in the long run. Now I just pull the whole thing out.

Aug 31, 2004 at 8:01 PM Post #12 of 21
i like it for use in airplanes..then i don't have to take the player out of my backpack... but yeah, what's with the dongle you have to use (most of the time) and the really long cord (i use a twist tie!)

Aug 31, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 21
i prefer the remote, my hands are full half the time anyway, what with stuff from meetings/project materials/food/drink/phone/pda/remote of course
biggrin.gif

So yeah, the remote serves my needs just fine
as for cord length etc. I find it just fine cos it is the right length to clip on to the backpack strap where it is always accessible.
Mucho better than keepping the player out all the time.

Aug 31, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wit
no remote for me. always get in the way, buttons are too small...

maybe your fingers are short fat and stubby
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, whatever works out best, the objective is to get the best out of this nice little beauty.whatever methid might suit you.
Well I am out to audition the new 4G ipod today cos my brand spanking ne HD 25-1's just arrived.
and I can't wait to test them out throught the ipod.
If I like it then god forbid but I will be burning money today.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back