Those of you with iRiver H1xx players
Sep 1, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #17 of 21
One of my main reasons for buying the IHP-120 was the full function LCD remote. I rarely take the player out of a concealing belt pouch. That helps avoid dropping accidents, scratches, and theft. After almost a year, the IHP-120 and its leather case look just like new except for the remote.

I agree that the cord is too long, but my belt pouch has just enough room to store the extra length (twist tied) leaving only 14 inches of cord exposed.

Sep 1, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #18 of 21
I pretty much refuse to buy any player that doesn't have a remote. I may be able to live with a very basic one like the iPod's, but I'd definitely yearn for a full-featured version like Sony MD units', which I still consider the best I've used (compared to iRivers, Sharps, Panasonics, etc).

And because of that, I also make it a point to try to get portable headphones with the short cord, which kind of limits my choices. Thankfully, the Eggos have worked out very well for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #19 of 21
I received my ihp-140 this afternoon. Very impressed and happy so far. Excpet for the disappointing firmware update. Oh well i'll live.
etysmile.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #21 of 21
Remotes are worthless...why bother. It's not like the main unit weighs 5 pounds or anything. If it was wireless....that may be different
biggrin.gif

As far as the buttons overall being counter-intuitive...it seemed that way at first. After a week or two of use however, I fell in love with how it's setup. I like the feel of the buttons and the entire unit feels solid. It also responds relatively fast as compared to my archos. I've been using the queue feature a lot...very handy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back