Those of you with an iPod Touch...
Dec 2, 2007 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

skev13

500+ Head-Fier
What kind of case do you guys use? I'm gonna have a screen protector and a best skins ever backing on my touch, but I'd like to get some sort of case as well.

I'm leaning towards something leather (case or folio), or a clear case. No silicon for me.

I'd also prefer if the dock was exposed, as I plan on getting an apple radio remote when they finally make that thing compatible with the ipod touch.

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... No silicon for me.

OK so this is a silicon case, but it works really well for me and it's only $15 and also comes with a screen protector and backing protector.
Marware Sport Grip

media.nl

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 27
Best Skins/InvisShield/Body Guard (all 3M products) for both the front and back, and don't look back after that.

If you really want a case, I really think the clear cases are quite crappy. They tend to kill a lot of elegance or design of a device. Many leather cases also don't look good... I'd say go look at a Vaja if you really want a leather case.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 27
I'm using an incase cover (that should be black ... ). I like it; gives it grip and makes it feel even more sturdy than it already is. Plus the Power Support anti-glare film on the front surface.

The only thing is that I wish I had more protection for the screen, in retrospect ....

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 27
x2 on the incase cover.

For the screen, I use an invisibleShield and am very happy with it.

Oh and btw, mine's an iPhone but recommendation still holds.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #10 of 27
I never liked the invisibleshield's orange peel like surface over screens, thats why I went with an Exim SPUC (have it for my Samsung D900, Rebel XT, and old ipod Nano) and a BSE for the back. I just need a case now, and the belkin leather folio looks intruiging. I'd prefer as streamline as possible, no belt clip etc.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #11 of 27
The screen doesn't scratch..

Go to you tube and look up 'ipod touch scratch'.

If i were you i'd matte the back somehow to avoid ugly scratching. Or at least put a BSE on it

Otherwise, flash players are much more durable so..

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #13 of 27
I am using three different types of aluminum cases. I never took off the plastic covering the screen from Apple so I am using that till it dies. Like the protection the aluminum cases provide plus I added a soft cloth in it for the back.

Here are links to the three i have.

PDAIR BLACK METAL APPLE IPOD TOUCH ALUMINUM CASE NEW - (eBay item 180186567424 end time Dec-06-07 10:54:31 PST)

Black Aluminum Metal Case for Apple iPod Touch iTouch - (eBay item 250190657450 end time Nov-26-07 12:33:38 PST)

For Apple iPod Touch Aluminum Protector Cover Case - (eBay item 160185277011 end time Nov-30-07 11:32:34 PST)

sorry the don't work for links but copy and paste should work.

Dec 6, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #14 of 27
I have the Griffin Reflect. It comes with a screen protector. I like the feel of this case. I lost the screen cleaner cloth within days. I still have the Apple one. I hate it when I use my Touch after eating popcorn.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #15 of 27
I was in a similar situation. I had the BSE on my iPod Touch and wanted better protection so I went to Best Buy and forked over $40 for the only leather case they had, the DLO folio. After using it for awhile, I actually prefer using just the skin now because the case adds too much thickness. If only there were a film that covers the corners better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back