This years "what are you going to get with your tax returns?" thread
Mar 12, 2006 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

aaroncort

Banned
I'm only getting back about $1000 this year and as a rule I save half of it leaving only $500. I think I may get a pair of k701's or perhaps a micro DAC and a DAP with a digital out to go with it. I may just save the whole thing and move to chicago with it this fall. I can't decide.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 31
I'm only getting $90, so I'll probably just hang on to it, but I'm thinking of buying parts for another amp
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 31
I'm getting about $330 back from my summer internship, and most of it is going towards a power conditioner and new RCA / SPDI/F / Optical cables for a DAC.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
If i get what i'm gonna get ( cos i won't believe it until i see it ), then i'm gonna get an engagement ring...wish me luck guys!
biggrin.gif

Best of luck! I need to start saving...

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

If i get what i'm gonna get ( cos i won't believe it until i see it ), then i'm gonna get an engagement ring...wish me luck guys!
biggrin.gif

Congrats nabwong! My tax return from last year went towards an engagment ring as well. Familiarize yourself with the C's and then check out www.pricescope.com for some advice and pricing. It took me about 3 months to find the perfect stone (after looking at numerous shops here in NYC and probably 3 dozen stones). I ended up with a 1.52 Ct. Radiant cut, D color, VS1, no culet, no florescence, EX polish, EX symmetry...all mounted on a Lucida-styled X-prong setting.

This year I took my tax refund and bought myself some bling instead and picked up a Rolex GMT Master II.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Congrats nabwong! My tax return from last year went towards an engagment ring as well. Familiarize yourself with the C's and then check out www.pricescope.com for some advice and pricing. It took me about 3 months to find the perfect stone (after looking at numerous shops here in NYC and probably 3 dozen stones). I ended up with a 1.52 Ct. Radiant cut, D color, VS1, no culet, no florescence, EX polish, EX symmetry...all mounted on a Lucida-styled X-prong setting.

This year I took my tax refund and bought myself some bling instead and picked up a Rolex GMT Master II.

Wow...thanks for the tip. I can't afford 1.52ct though. Maybe 1/2 that size. But i will go for quality over size.

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Wow...thanks for the tip. I can't afford 1.52ct though. Maybe 1/2 that size. But i will go for quality over size.

Definitely go with quality! I often see some big rocks on girls and it's just a bit yellow and cloudy. Yes, the size gets attention, but ultimately the purity and the clarity of the stone should be more symbolic of your union.

Focus on the top "colorless" grades, D, E, F and then a clarity of VS2 and above (with which no inclusions should be visible with the naked eye).

If you keep it under 1 Ct. the prices are really good, and of course at 1 Ct. it jumps up in pricing significantly and again at 1.5 Ct. Good luck and let me know if you need any information.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 31
Since I was in college for the first half of the year then got a good paying job, I'm getting back $2,000. Pretty exciting! I'll probably use it to pay off my lingering credit card debt (from moving to NYC) and the rest on trips with my significant other and a modest new TV.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 31
I paid off the Dell laptop I bought myself for Christmas.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 31
Hmm well i spent my Federal on Cds, Clothes etc...

shoul;d be getting like 250 (Cry) from the state whenever i get that i dont know where that will go prolly save up for another Downhill Bike after i sold my Kona awhile ago

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #13 of 31
My tax return is complicated and quite lengthy due to my active investing, but I still use TurboTax. I will owe a LOT of money, as usual.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #15 of 31
i am getting back 413 dollars, all of which will go to pay down my debt.... or a new dac....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back