This sucks...its either my ears or my headphones...
Jan 26, 2008 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Iamgag7

New Head-Fier
Ok, I have noticed that in 2 sets of headphones it seems most bass comes from the right channel. also, things just seem clearer in my left ear. how do i fix this? if its my ears am i out of luck?

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 9
i checked and it felt like more bass was pumping thru the right channel when felt thru my hand on the ear cup. but i checked with 3 different headphones with many different songs. its not that bad but im really picky. I have the ATH-M50 as my primary phone and MDR V700DJ and some other sony headphones as well. it seems its my ears..this sucks... i make music so this is a problem... damn.

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Hope it's not your ears. Have you tried listenning in mono or simply reversing the left/right channels and see if the problem persists?

I know for that, for orchestral music, bass is almost always louder on the right... that's how many orchestras are setup.

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #5 of 9
If you have wax in your ears I think it blocks out the lower frequencies more (if I remember).
It's common for it to build up more in one ear than the other.
Go and see your doctor and he'll tell you what you need to do.
Don't attempt to remove it by yourself!

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have wax in your ears I think it blocks out the lower frequencies more (if I remember).
It's common for it to build up more in one ear than the other.
Go and see your doctor and he'll tell you what you need to do.
Don't attempt to remove it by yourself!

I agree. Go see and ENT (ear, nose, throat), they know ears and can diagnosis your problem, if you have any. If not, it'll at least put your mind at ease about suspecting your hearing as the culprit, and then search elsewhere--like your source?

TIP: If you do go to the ENT, clean your ears, nose, teeth/mouth because they check all those parts thoroughly! And you don't want to been seen as unkempt.

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 9
When I get cold's, My hearing in my right ear slightly decreases, and is annoying when listening to headphones, that could be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back