THIS PLACE GOT ME HOOKED
Apr 11, 2003 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

pod-lover

100+ Head-Fier
i find myself hurrying home to sit infront of my computer and read all yhe posts

well maybe not all
biggrin.gif

tomorrow i'm taking a roadtrip to virginia beach to pickup my daughter & file a petition for custodity
very_evil_smiley.gif

i won't have a computer
mad.gif

i feel like i'll be missing alot
mad.gif

DAMN, I'M HOOKED
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
:
smily_headphones1.gif

i don't even remember what the hell i was looking for when i stumbeled on this site
i've bought so much since

I'M BROKE, BUT I'M HAPPY
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 20
I check every forum everyday during my computer class. I would say I am addicted. Ecspecially after I have stopped going over to Anandtech so much. The guys over there in Off Topic are dicks.

Oh yah good luck with your daughter.

Apr 11, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

i don't even remember what the hell i was looking for when i stumbeled on this site
i've bought so much since

I'M BROKE, BUT I'M HAPPY

that's why its custom at Head-Fi to say, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet."

Apr 11, 2003 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 20
Sentral, I exercise self control. I only go to the forums that encourage you to spend if I actually NEED something. The information will always be there, it's only a search away so I'm really not missing anything.

Apr 11, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

THIS PLACE GOT ME HOOKED

you re not alone.

ive been a member since january 2003 and i have bought the ff:

porta corda2(sold)
zu pivot cable (sold)
sony D25s (sold)
sony D10 (sold)
cmoy with meier crossfeed
gilmore V2
beyer DT770pro
akg k501
maxed out meta
ath W1000
pioneer dv 656a dvd-audio/dvd player
sony dvp ns755p sacd/dvd player
sony D4
sony DT3
canare cables

and tons of CD's , DVD A and sacd's

Apr 11, 2003 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

I check every forum everyday during my computer class. I would say I am addicted. Ecspecially after I have stopped going over to Anandtech so much. The guys over there in Off Topic are dicks.

Anandtech Off Topic is hilarious though. I don't know, I never post there but my neighbor is a member there. I'll apoligize for his relentless flaming of you. (In the likely chance he has)

Speaking from experience, this place is way more addictive than drugs. (and probably more expensive) At least no track marks eh?

Apr 11, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 20
I just ordered a turntable and some LPs. Help me!
eek.gif

This forum should make you pass a credit check before registering.

Apr 11, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Anandtech Off Topic is hilarious though. I don't know, I never post there but my neighbor is a member there. I'll apoligize for his relentless flaming of you. (In the likely chance he has)

Speaking from experience, this place is way more addictive than drugs. (and probably more expensive) At least no track marks eh?

I have been a member since 99 but I don't post much, same as here. It has really gone downhill though. It used to be pretty funny but now all you have is I have a problem with a girl, argue about cars, and the repost nazi's. What I like about here is when I wander into the "Take It Outside" forum you for the most part get well thought out arguments and such. ATOT is just a flame war and they have I have more posts than you so everyone side with him because he is smarter syndrome.

So there is my mini rant on ATOT.

Apr 12, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 20
pod-lover,

regarding computer access:

think internet-cafes, libraries and big printing places (Kinko charges $7 an hour).
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #11 of 20
well i made the round trip
16 hours
went to court, filed for custody
picked up my daughter for a week

now i'm back in my favorite place
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

head-fi forums

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Mcrmouse30
I have been a member since 99 but I don't post much, same as here.

So there is my mini rant on ATOT.

AFAIK, this forum started sometime in June 2001... Did I miss something?

What's "ATOT" stand for?...
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by RVD
I believe he is saying he has been a member to Anandtech forums since 1999 and ATOT stands for anandtech off topic forum.

Ugh.. Thanks RVD. I should probably read quotes better..
tongue.gif

Yet another sign that it's getting late, and I should go get some much needed sleep. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:57 AM Post #15 of 20
If nothing else, Head-Fi must be boosting the rather flat economy right now
wink.gif

I seriously dread to think... added together, how much all members here have spent on audio gear as a direct result of being a part of the addiction that is... Head-Fi
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back