This one (new) CD I have will NOT allow me to convert it from .wav to .flac....help?
Jun 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sg61

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently purchased a CD that will, upon ripping it to my computer in .wav, not allow me to convert it to the .flac format.
EVERY other CD I have EVER ripped has a not had a problem doing this.

The CD is from Japan, and uses Kanji in its descriptors (song names and such). I do not think this has any effect.

ALSO: It should be noted that...

1. The .wav files work perfectly.
2. The CD is pretty much brand new (spotless)

I am absolutely perplexed, and when I have searched for answers on the interwebs, apparently I cannot find anyone who has had the same problem that was not the result of a damaged disc.

Any ideas on a way to solve/circumvent this problem?

NOTE it will also not allow me to convert it to .ape, but it DOES allow conversion to .mp3....

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 10
try foobar? i never have problems converting wav to flac in my foobar in any language where the wav file was ripped from.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 10
@ Duckman: standard power2go that cam with my computer

@dyaems: thank you for the suggestion

@obobskivich: I was just trying that as I saw your post, and indeed it does...however the tagging function is all of sudden being foolish now.

Ugh...

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 10
@obobskivich: I was just trying that as I saw your post, and indeed it does...however the tagging function is all of sudden being foolish now.

Very odd. If you dump the WAVs into WMA Pro Encoder (it's free with Genuine Windows, despite the name) does it work and produce taggable files (you'll have to tag them yourself)?

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 10
What converter/ripper are you using? I use dbPoweramp, and it can also set the metadata or get it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back