This makes no sense. According to headroom the Ed8's are going to be discontinued
Oct 21, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 9
John2e,I'm not sure what Ben at Headroom said. I, unfortunately, can't see that in your post.

The Edition 8 is going to stay in production. As stated in various other posts around head-fi, the Edition 8 is not a limited edition model like the Edition 7 and Edition 9 were.

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 9
Looking foward to recieving them.

I have been through 3 hp's this year.
With each purchase I hope they will dethrone my edition 9's

HD-800
PS-1000
modified denon 7K

none have

Hopefully the 8's will surpass the excellent quality of the 9's. I am somewhat skeptical. My thinking is if they were thought to be better they'd be called the 10's.

But we will find out this weekend
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 9
Paul

This is from the headphone discription on headrooms site. Even after I alerted them of the mistake.

The opposite of typical mass-produced consumer headphones, the Edition 8 are exclusively hand-made in Germany and are individually serial-numbered. The Ultrasone Edition 8 are manufactured in a VERY limited-edition production run that is close to being completed according to Ultrasone-Germany, meaning no more of these incredible headphones will be soon be made and they'll likely become totally unavailable--so get yours now!

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/...-edition-8.php under "what we think"

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for the info.

Nowhere on the Ultrasone website does it state that the Edition 8 headphone is a limited Edition production and Ultrasone in Germany would refer any questions from the US or Canada to Ultrasone Inc.

I'm sure that this is only a misunderstanding and I'll get it taken care of.

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paul

This is from the headphone discription on headrooms site. Even after I alerted them of the mistake.

The opposite of typical mass-produced consumer headphones, the Edition 8 are exclusively hand-made in Germany and are individually serial-numbered. The Ultrasone Edition 8 are manufactured in a VERY limited-edition production run that is close to being completed according to Ultrasone-Germany, meaning no more of these incredible headphones will be soon be made and they'll likely become totally unavailable--so get yours now!

Ultrasone Edition 8 - Full Size Headphones | HeadRoom Audio under "what we think"

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My thinking is if they were thought to be better they'd be called the 10's.

But we will find out this weekend
smily_headphones1.gif

They should be called the 10's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back