This is why I am never buying a HiFiMAN product again (Fang you might have a Ph.D. but you can't respect the simple concept of consistency)
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research
So I have been facing this issue , I have tried real hard to ignore it but can't do it ..My HE-300 (REV 3) is having rattling issues at low frequency extensions , might have asked for a remedy 1000 times , nobody there responded so had to ask here , people were kind enough to tell me a hair could do that inside the chamber , I bought it opened her up to solve this rattling conundrum 

This is the video of me disassembling it - 

I don't know , this could be placebo ..I ran tracks where the rattling could not be heard , then I played some "Renaud Garcia Fons" 
now for the people who know who he is then you know this is the man for the bass test , "rattle rattle rattle" that is all I can say ...
At first I thought it was only the left cup , I was terribly wrong with the help of my STX I was muting the channels to see if it was only present in one cup and there it was both cups suffered from it , now of course the hair wasn't doing it , it was the freaking poorly designed transducer by Mr , no Dr Fang 

This is another video where I proved it wasn't the hair - 

I really hate to bash a company , yeah sure it is an exception but all the revisions the HE-300 went through had different sonic signatures , many HiFiMAN products like the EF2A and HE-400 also went through issues .....I mean I loved the accentuated treble it had , vocals in general sounded exceptional , a good headphone destroyed because of poor assembly 
Sorry HiFiMAN you just lost a customer , I can't even claim a warranty I have opened it removed the felt against the driver , probably will sell it to get a 612 pro or 880 

Please don't bring in Fanboyism and ban me for this :p
This is just to caution potential customers  

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 53
When you say you "asked for a remedy 1000 times" you mean you reached out to the company and/or Fang and didn't get help? 

Feb 5, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 53
When you say you "asked for a remedy 1000 times" you mean you reached out to the company and/or Fang and didn't get help? 

The company .....In total I might have sent them a E-Mail around 5 times randomly over the past 4 months of ownership ....the most recent being 2 days ago , they never responded back

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 53
The company .....In total I might have sent them a E-Mail around 5 times randomly over the past 4 months of ownership ....the most recent being 2 days ago , they never responded back

I see. Well I wont get into specifics about a poor customer service issue I had when I was a prospective customer of hifiman in 2012, but I will say that there is a reason why so many of us place a premium on customer service when we consider spending our hard earned money on a company's products. I hope you're able to find a resolution to your problem. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 53
I see. Well I wont get into specifics about a poor customer service issue I had when I was a prospective customer of hifiman in 2012, but I will say that there is a reason why so many of us place a premium on customer service when we consider spending our hard earned money on a company's products. I hope you're able to find a resolution to your problem. 

Thank you ......more than getting a replacement I wanted to get attention of the company representatives who usually lurk around the site quite often

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 53
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE300.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE300Rev2.pdf

Look at the low frequency distortion. Perhaps not the best headphone for low bass? Unless of course rev 3 has totally fixed that.

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 53
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE300.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE300Rev2.pdf

Look at the low frequency distortion. Perhaps not the best headphone for low bass? Unless of course rev 3 has totally fixed that.

(Mine is the rev 3) Oh it's not at all good for bass , theoretically speaking this is pieced together from other people's knowledge , if it can't go deep it will go silent , rattling should not be an issue related to the frequency distribution and distortions , I think he might have tried to fix it in REV 3 but it ended up making the sound worse

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #11 of 53
I was actually really thinking about one of the new headphones coming out in march....maybe I will just go for an LCD 2.2

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 53
  I was actually really thinking about one of the new headphones coming out in march....maybe I will just go for an LCD 2.2

the he400i or the he560i? i wonder if hifiman will keep the current promotional price for the he500 once those are released. or should i wait for the new hifiman models or like you said, shoot for the lcd2?... ill probably just get the he500... in case they get discontinued or something

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #14 of 53
Eh, they have pretty good customer service imo
They always answered me back on my problems with the HE-500

Really ?
When did you buy your HE-500 , I specifically remember a YouTube'er named Quinn from thatsnazzyiphoneguy channel say in 2011 that Head-Direct has one of the best customer service , he had got the HE-500 in 2011 for review, if I am right it was launched at CES 2011
Probably will large orderes things might have changed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back