This is what I've been waiting for!!!
Nov 7, 2005 at 11:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

will75

1000+ Head-Fier
I joined this forum over 2 years ago. I first purchased the Philips HP890s and really loved them.

I recently upgraded to the Senn 595. I was disappointed at first but after 200 hours of burn in really love them. They have changed dramatically since I first listened to them. Great headphones.

Well, I just received my HF-1s (#337) and threw on some Weezer (my favorite band). I have to say, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR! I am in love with Grado!

I am so happy right now listening to these things. I will still use my other cans as well but the HF-1s are just so musical to me. I love them I love them I love them.
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 17
Thanks!

Something else I've noticed. They aren't really uncomfortable. I've had them on for a while now with no problems. Lucky me. I do have some Senn pads waiting in the wings if needed.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75
Thanks!

Something else I've noticed. They aren't really uncomfortable. I've had them on for a while now with no problems. Lucky me. I do have some Senn pads waiting in the wings if needed.

Im actually contemplating getting a pair of Senns for classical, jazz and ambient music (my HF-1's are on the way!).
I was wondering...can you do a more in depth compare/contrast thread on the 595 vs. the HF-1?
I think alot of people would find it most helpfull-I know I would!
Im really interested in discussion of the extremes; how are the highest highs and lowest lows different on the Grado from the Senn?

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Im actually contemplating getting a pair of Senns for classical, jazz and ambient music (my HF-1's are on the way!).
I was wondering...can you do a more in depth compare/contrast thread on the 595 vs. the HF-1?
I think alot of people would find it most helpfull-I know I would!
Im really interested in discussion of the extremes; how are the highest highs and lowest lows different on the Grado from the Senn?

Sure! I can't do it tonight but I will soon. Just a sneak peek though. The highs are brighter on the HF-1 vs the 595. This is not in a bad way however. I like both presentations. The HF-1 definately has fuller and more pronounced bass imo. The sound is simply more musical for my type of music (rock: weezer, white stripes, killers, coldplay, keane, muse). The 595s are very detailed and seem to be way less colored (again, I like the coloring of the Grados).

Hope that will hold you over for a few days.
rs1smile.gif

BTW, I am using these unamped fyi. My 595s are the 50 ohm version. They are both super easy to drive and although I'm sure an amp would help, it is unecessary. These cans are both far above my Philip HP 890s.

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 17
have you heard the 580's or 590's?
how would you compare the 595's to them?
I keep hearing about this "upfront" effect on the 595's...

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

I joined this forum over 2 years ago. I first purchased the Philips HP890s and really loved them.

I recently upgraded to the Senn 595. I was disappointed at first but after 200 hours of burn in really love them. They have changed dramatically since I first listened to them. Great headphones.

Well, I just received my HF-1s (#337) and threw on some Weezer (my favorite band). I have to say, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR! I am in love with Grado!

I am so happy right now listening to these things. I will still use my other cans as well but the HF-1s are just so musical to me. I love them I love them I love them.
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

congratulation man;
eggosmile.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

You sir, are a 'Grado man'. You probably won't go back to the Sennheiser's too often now that you have a nice pair of Grados. At least, that's what happened to me when I found 'my sound'. All of the Senns I have heard thus far bore me to tears. Assuming Weezer is the main type of music you listen to, the Grados are hard to beat IMO. Grados rock better than any phone I have heard to date. Great for punk/metal/rock... any type of loud rockin' music.

Rock on brother!

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #10 of 17
Thanks so much for the nice replies guys. I love this community.

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
You have to love a guy who loves everything.
icon10.gif

I guess it does seem that way. I do in fact appreciate all of my cans. However, I strongly prefer the HF-1s to the 595s (and subsequently the 595s to the HP890s).

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 17
Might just be that 'new' feeling. Give it a couple of months and maybe you'll love your Senns as much again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
Might just be that 'new' feeling. Give it a couple of months and maybe you'll love your Senns as much again.
smily_headphones1.gif

I doubt it. I do in fact really like the Senns and I prefer them for some music types. However, for my favorite bands and music I prefer the Grados.

The reason I feel that I will not change my mind over time is because the Grados immediately made me feel like I found my sound whilst the Senns were at first a disappointment.

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

The reason I feel that I will not change my mind over time is because the Grados immediately made me feel like I found my sound whilst the Senns were at first a disappointment.

Sounds just like my first moments with my SR-225!
icon10.gif

And as my HF-1 is going through some hard times at the moment, my 225 still makes me happy everytime I put them on.

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #15 of 17
Im totally with you.... Listening to Maiden Live, Beast over Hammersmith on my HF1 amped with my millet as I type. Incredible performance, only a Grado can do this performance justice.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back