This is perhaps the most interesting photo I have ever seen in life
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

m11a1

500+ Head-Fier
ABYC000a00fa.jpg

Original photo description: "Reopening of the South Fork Bridge after flood in Nov. 1940."

Just take a close look at it...but keep in mind that this photo is completely authentic and was taken in 1940.

Does anybody see anything strange...or in fact completely out of this world?

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 70
This was on Digg a few days ago: Time traveler caught on camera from 1941?

A bit off-tangent here; I'm a bit peeved about how you were really earnest and melodramatic with your post, making it borderline sensationalism/Enquirer-quality writing. [EDIT: Nice, you edited it before I finished writing this post]

But I digress, take a look at all the comments on Digg (there are a few relevant ones in there, believe it or not) and come to your own conclusions about this photo.

The photo does indeed seem to be the original though. Further proof: Bralorne-Pioneer: Their Past Lives Here

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The photo does indeed seem to be the original though. Further proof: Bralorne-Pioneer: Their Past Lives Here

Nope, the "sensationalism/Enquirer-quality writing" is still there. I didn't edit anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

But nonetheless, I do strongly believe in that source though, that is perhaps the most convincing proof.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you talking about the guy with the "M" shirt? If yes then it surely isn't proof for a time traveler. If not I don't find anything else weird.

Well, it's quite strange that he carrying a portable camera when especially in a time when even a standing camera is extremely rare. Additionally, don't you find the glasses that he is wearing in the least bit weird? Either he is changing fashion right then and there..... or that is an actual pair from the 80s.

However, if none of those make you wonder, perhaps what you missing is simply his style of clothes....something that stands out so noticeably peculiar especially in a place like that and in a time like that.

4b376c971a05.jpg

d029fe2fa28f.jpg

Notice that the glasses are rectangular whereas the actual glasses from the 40s are perfect circular:

c85869d3ddd0.jpg

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #7 of 70
Almost looks like hes wearing a hoodie and a t-shirt. The glasses do look modern, and i noticed him straight away.

Very strange.

People just looked different back then. I look at my parents school classmate photos, and everyone looks old.
They can be age 15, and they look 30. My parents said its the hair and clothes, but i dont think so.
Some just have shaved heads, and kids today have the same, and their faces are just different.
Their ears are bigger and stick out in alot of the photos in my dads album. He says its the short hair, but thats not true because alot of boys today also have short hair.

That M guy has a more modern face than all the others do. I really believe faces have changed.
I dont think it is only hair styles and clothing.

Also, id hate to have to live back then and have to see everything in black and white. I like seeing blue skies and green leaves on trees.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it's quite strange that he carrying a portable camera when especially in a time when even a standing camera is extremely rare. Additionally, don't you find the glasses that he is wearing in the least bit weird? Either he is changing fashion right then and there..... or that is an actual pair from the 80s.

However, if none of those make you wonder, perhaps what you missing is simply his style of clothes....something that stands out so noticeably peculiar especially in a place like that and in a time like that.

4b376c971a05.jpg

d029fe2fa28f.jpg

Notice that the glasses are rectangular whereas the actual glasses from the 40s are perfect circular:

c85869d3ddd0.jpg

The camera isn't shown clear, we don't know if it even is a camera. The glasses aren't shown clearly as well, however there where sun glasses with protection to the sides in the 40' which later took the shape of the glasses in the 60'-70' for motors.

The site which hosts those pics has people stating that Tesla could make free energy and supply it wirelessly over the whole world (bullocks) and that Einstein is a fraud.

Conspiracy theories are fun to read. However, it can get nasty when people start believing that experiments succeeded. The problem is that as some scientists have stated that time might be the 4th dimension. So even if it's possible we cant have any understanding of it. Also, how can a person pass through the time barrier and still live?

People make some sense...

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #10 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The camera isn't shown clear, we don't know if it even is a camera. The glasses aren't shown clearly as well, however there where sun glasses with protection to the sides in the 40' which later took the shape of the glasses in the 60'-70' for motors.

The site which hosts those pics has people stating that Tesla could make free energy and supply it wirelessly over the whole world (bullocks) and that Einstein is a fraud.

Conspiracy theories are fun to read. However, it can get nasty when people start believing that experiments succeeded. The problem is that as some scientists have stated that time might be the 4th dimension. So even if it's possible we cant have any understanding of it. Also, how can a person pass through the time barrier and still live?

People make some sense...

Well lets just dismiss the hosting site of those images for a second, perhaps I should have said earlier...but, suppose that is not real, why would a national Canadian museum of history display the original photograph?

Bralorne-Pioneer: Their Past Lives Here
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/PM.cgi?L...age=ABYCI.html

Quote:

The problem is that as some scientists have stated that time might be the 4th dimension. So even if it's possible we cant have any understanding of it.

Lets not go there.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #12 of 70
This only shows that most current fashion is planted from something in the past. Mountaineers and welders used leather shielded glasses before the 40's.

A T shirt with a single letter on them has drifted in and out of fashion for long time two (Letter-men anyone?)

Take a look at the movie 'Zabriskie Point' and ask yourself if you have seen a Zak Efron hairstyle before?

The guy in the picture is wearing clothing that e feels confident and comfortable to wear. More people feel that confidence today than in the oppressive 40's.

One thing I learn more everyday is that some older people do become wiser. People from the past shouldn't run the future but their views should be considered by the young!

Regards

Sceptre

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #13 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well lets just dismiss the hosting site of those images for a second, perhaps I should have said earlier...but, suppose that is not real, why would a national Canadian museum of history display the original photograph?

Bralorne-Pioneer: Their Past Lives Here
Travel guide to museums and galleries in Canada | Virtual Museum of Canada Find a Museum

Lets not go there.

I didn't question the authenticity of the image, I questioned the assumption that the guy is from the future because it's from the above site.

Why shouldn't we go, it's like saying to the 2d stick people we make to understand that the line you draw is not a wall.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #14 of 70
Not weird. I think that the contrast between him and the older people around him makes him look slightly out of place, but really... This is not weird.
For him to be out of place btw would suggest that all the other people are 'normal'. By saying that you also agree there is only one kind of people in the '40s that all looked, talked and acted alike. That sounds like culture to me.
redface.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #15 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For him to be out of place btw would suggest that all the other people are 'normal'. By saying that you also agree there is only one kind of people in the '40s that all looked, talked and acted alike. That sounds like culture to me.
redface.gif

Say wut?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back