This is gonna be a fun project for Xmas
Dec 23, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

all right guy, I give up. when I PMed him over there on that Chinese forum, the guy doesn't even know English well and you call it plagiarism? a couple of similarity and you call it infringement of IP? say what ever you want to. all I want to do is to have some fun in Xmas, I'll surely assemble it and if I have any chance, I'll have some reputable guy do some test for me. but whatever, I'll shut up.

So what is your beef dude ? If you dont want comments why post and if you post the schematics for comment what is the problem when someone points out the origin of the design ? Is there any doubt it is a Szekeres and straight from the headwize library ? That it is the forst to use the proper amount of power supply voltage as i have been preaching for years ? That there are three stages where two would do ?

Oh yeah,this is head-fi.

Only "looks good must sound good too" is allowed or it is a thread crap
rolleyes.gif

have fun with your build........................................

Dec 23, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 24
There is no need to copy the "Szekeres" from Headwize, this topology can be found in any beginner textbook about audio electronics.

I've not seen the now withdrawn schematic and from what I'm reading it's a mix of bad ideas, but there's no need to get all crazy on plagiarism for the simplest piece of amp ever.

Next time we find the topology of a cmoy in a commercial amp we all shout to plagiarism ?
rolleyes.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #18 of 24
diablo9, don't let any negative outside comments influence your build. Have fun with it...you won't know how it sounds until it's done, right?

And then you can take it to a meet and surprise everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
diablo9, don't let any negative outside comments influence your build. Have fun with it...you won't know how it sounds until it's done, right?

And then you can take it to a meet and surprise everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you Teerawit, I will build it for sure and compare it with Corda Aria after I am done.
k1000smile.gif

I actually welcome any comments even some really negative ones as long as it's on the right track, except that in the previous posts someone's implying Chinese design are more like plagXXXXX or Chinese hobbyists simply have cheap casing so they often look good so they are good only by look. those race/nationality related comments make me uncomfortable.
confused.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

There is no need to copy the "Szekeres" from Headwize, this topology can be found in any beginner textbook about audio electronics.

But far more easily found in the "headphone amp world" at DIY central/the Headwize project library.Not a big deal but someone needed to point it out so I did.
ANY ciruit can be found in an electronics manual but how many who use that excuse have ever even seen one ? And having seen one understand it ? Hands ?

Quote:

I hardly call me critique negative comments unless me saying I would not choose that method can be considered negative.Why post a schematic if you want no one to look at it and having looked at it critiqued the design ?

Oh yeah,The head-fi thing. "go along to get along"
rolleyes.gif

Will the amp sound good ? Could be.Depends on so many variables it can only be answered by the actual listening.Would it sound better with one less stage ? No doubt about it.Cascading gain stages is to be avoided unless absolutely neccessary and in this case it is not.

Quote:

Next time we find the topology of a cmoy in a commercial amp we all shout to plagiarism ?

Stop being a jerk.Every time someone has the balls to speak the truth around here it is the same cast of characters looking for a pissing match .No one ever claimed plagarism but just like you knucklheads call every single opamp based headphone amp a "CMOY" this IS the same topology KNOWN for years and in use as the Szekeres Amp who was THE FIRST to publish the design as a headphone amp and no more.
Since it is damn near 1:1 identical other than running at a higher voltage I personally have no doubt of the source of the design even if you want to persist in denying or being upset because i pointed it out.Truth is what it is.
I KNOW topology as well as any here and far better than most.

Quote:

I actually welcome any comments even some really negative ones as long as it's on the right track, except that in the previous posts someone's implying Chinese design are more like plagXXXXX or Chinese hobbyists simply have cheap casing so they often look good so they are good only by look. those race/nationality related comments make me uncomfortable.

Call it race if you want but to deny they play by their own rules of commerce and protection of property rights in China is to not pay attention.The rules are "there are no rules" and if you can make and sell it cool.If I said american gear was overpriced is that a "race" thing.You guys are really reaching now is my thought but am I surprised with this bunch ?

HAH ! not likely !

Enjoy.I am out until I have to respond to comments directed in my direction as I have had to here (ever here of PM notifications guys? Everything said is in my "in" box) so unless arguing is the goal stay on topic and leave me out.That means comments in my direction also or expect a response you may rather not get.

Cheers

Dec 23, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 24
I find your English is difficult to read, as usual.
And I find you are still stubborn, as usual.
And I believe admins will be on your side regardless your language and attitude, not matter what, as usual.
So I am out, no more post in this thread, just like what happened before.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Stop being a jerk. ... .No one ever claimed plagarism but just like you knucklheads call every single opamp based headphone amp a "CMOY" this IS the same topology KNOWN for years and in use as the Szekeres Amp who was THE FIRST to publish the design as a headphone amp and no more.

And /I/ am the jerk ? Who said in his first post that this chinese guy should have given credit to Szekeres for that standard values, basic buffer, known for years as you say yourselves ? It doesn't take an EE to understand it. There's enough chinese students in electronics to come with it and applying to headphones.

Quote:

Since it is damn near 1:1 identical other than running at a higher voltage I personally have no doubt of the source of the design even if you want to persist in denying or being upset because i pointed it out.Truth is what it is.

And there's perhaps 36 ways to build a simple mosfet buffer ? You're perfectly right when you point to similarities in design and are more than entitled to suggest it could have been copied. But when you land in a thread ranting upon your baseless certitudes, you get quickly really boring you know ? Truth is not always what YOU think.

Dec 24, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
I hardly call me critique negative comments unless me saying I would not choose that method can be considered negative.Why post a schematic if you want no one to look at it and having looked at it critiqued the design ?

Nor was I referring to your posts specifically. Others commented too...

At any rate, the point of DIY is not necessarily to strive for the best amp possible that will slay everything, but to have fun during the process of just building something. At least diablo9 will have a nice project to keep him busy and his mind active while I sit here and bum on the computer
tongue.gif
He probably enjoys the mechanical soldering process and the feeling at the end after everything is complete....this is also a good introduction to tubes for diablo9. Every step is a learning step; have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back