Third party IEM reshell services?
Oct 29, 2021 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

silent-circuit

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a pair of JH Audio Angie V1 universals that I love the sound of but find literally painful to wear because of their completely insane shell design; seriously I have no idea how these were ever allowed to go to market, their test group has to have the deepest ear canals on the planet.

This has lead me to looking in to reshell services. So far I know JH Audio won't touch them, and Null Audio (who I saw mentioned as doing third party reshell at one point) also said no.

What are my options if any? Do I just try to sell them on with lots of caveats and warnings for the potential new owner, or accept a (substantial) loss? It's especially frustrating because they sound great. Probably even better if I wasn't in pain the whole time.

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 4
Oct 29, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Are there any competitors? Do you have personal experience with them?
Yes, I have a re-shelled 64 Audio IEM from them; they used digital files I had from another CIEM. If you check their website & social media pages you'll see they're willing to tackle most re-shell projects. They can re-shell CIEMs to universals as well. It's possible they could re-shell your universal Angie to a more ergonomic universal shell, just shoot them an email. A few members have posted on various threads about their experiences. You can find some on the dedicated ItsFit Fusion thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/itsfit-fusion-impressions-thread.919324/).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back