Third Atlanta HeadFi Meet
Apr 6, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #76 of 122
plus....having a car is no fun! The commute here is horrible.

Apr 8, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #77 of 122
So I'm bored. Wanna get 3 or 4 people together for a mini meet tomorrow?

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #79 of 122
Hozo,
I talked to Mike and you now have the Stax right? That is impressive. How about your K1000? Still enjoying them?

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #80 of 122
Hozo, you have a K1000?? At GT?? If yes to that or the Stax question, do you want to meet up tomorrow???
k1000smile.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #81 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
So I'm bored. Wanna get 3 or 4 people together for a mini meet tomorrow?

ygpm

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #82 of 122
Okay, so we're having a mini meet in Athens tomorrow, probably, but I'll be back in Gwinnett-Atlanta area for easter weekend; I'd definitely be willing to stop by Tech (assuming you can get me parking--I drive a Tahoe), as a good buddy of mine goes to GA State, and a couple of my Inman Park friends are coming down.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #83 of 122
Hi Purk, yea, finally sprung for the stax. I had the kgss, so figured might as well. Wish you were there last Saturday though. Mike and I were sorting out the quirks of the omega2.

I still have the K1000, it's great for strings. I so regret not buying your RKV though.
biggrin.gif
I heard you were getting some rare Audio Technicas in addition to your L3000. Can't imagine what your current collection is like.

a1rocketpilot, I'm actually off campus (~1 hour drive). Where are you dorming? I might be able to drop by on a weekday. I think sassysound is still on campus, he has a pretty sweet HD650 setup (w/ a nice tube CD player).

Another Atlanta meet would be sweet. We used to have gatherings at the physics building lecture halls. It's big enough for ~300 people, and nobody's there on weekends. There's a parking lot right next to it, and it's free(!) on weekends.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #84 of 122
Hozo,
I still have my L3000, W2002, and others. I recently just update my source to the Sony SCD-777ES modded by Richard Kern. This player is amazing and at least two step up from my previous players. The 777ES was bought used on Audiogon and had about 2K in modded. Very amazing to my ears. The only bad part about the 777ES is the 55 lbs weight. I really hate moving it around. I still in love w/ my SDS.

I missed out on your little get together b/c I had to work last weekend. I really want to hear what the Stax sounds like.

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #85 of 122
I will probably be having a minimeet with Mulveling in a couple of weeks to try out his Melos when it arrives. In a previous thread (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...172980&page=2), he offered to host a few people over when it arrived. IIRC, he mentioned earlier that he wouldn't be able to host the big Atlanta meet, but if he appears here, he can voice on that as well. If we can get a set time and date, at least a few of us should be able to go. I know Teerawit and Aznsensazian have already expressed interest, so we will have to see if that shall be it or if others can also come.

Regarding the full Atlanta meet, Hozo has an excellent idea. The physics lecture halls here are huge, and provided that everyone can bring his or her own power strip, there should be enough outlets for all the equipment. I leave for home on the first weekend in May, so I would like to have the meet before then, so if I am going to host this meet in the lecture halls, I'm thinking that it will be the last weekend in April. How does that sound to you all?

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #86 of 122
I am without a doubt interested, so long as it doesn't fall around exam time (May 8, 9, and the few days before that). I am highly mobile, as well, for the record, so I don't care where it is.

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #87 of 122
First Post, Yea!
580smile.gif

Okay so I im down for an ATL meet basically any weekend that you guys are going to have one. Im sorta a headphone newbie but I do have a Senn HD212Pro and UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's on order so I know I like good music and I am also curious to see what else is out there to listen to my music with. Just set a time and place and ill be there! Look forward to meeting you guys.

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #88 of 122
Edit: nevermind, if purk or mulveling can't come.... they're the ones w/ the big crazy systems.

so is this a go for April 29th around say 12pm?

I hope they don't mind us using those lecture halls. Might want to check the power outlets and post a map.

Apr 13, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #89 of 122
hmmm...weekend before finals....I'm in
icon10.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #90 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by hozo
Edit: nevermind, if purk or mulveling can't come.... they're the ones w/ the big crazy systems.

so is this a go for April 29th around say 12pm?

I hope they don't mind us using those lecture halls. Might want to check the power outlets and post a map.

The big crazy systems besides you, of course. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back