Third Atlanta HeadFi Meet
Mar 24, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #62 of 122
Are any of you Athens people UGA students? (I'm thinking...Head-Fi Facebook group? Yes, I know it's ridiculous).

Oh, and I'm definitely up for an Atlantan meet if we can find a place. I live in the Lilburn-Stone Mountain area during the summer, so Five Forks would be great for me. But I don't remember it having all that much space, except maybe if you're talking about that newspaper-magazine room? That seemed pretty quiet. As far as Athens is concerned, next semester I'll have a nice apartment, but for now I'm still in the dorms...Which actually, reminds me that we do have common rooms that might be quite useful for such purposes, though we'd definitely need surge protectors. I'd better think on this.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #63 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Are any of you Athens people UGA students? (I'm thinking...Head-Fi Facebook group? Yes, I know it's ridiculous).

Oh, and I'm definitely up for an Atlantan meet if we can find a place. I live in the Lilburn-Stone Mountain area during the summer, so Five Forks would be great for me. But I don't remember it having all that much space, except maybe if you're talking about that newspaper-magazine room? That seemed pretty quiet. As far as Athens is concerned, next semester I'll have a nice apartment, but for now I'm still in the dorms...Which actually, reminds me that we do have common rooms that might be quite useful for such purposes, though we'd definitely need surge protectors. I'd better think on this.

Hello Meyvn, i would love to have a uga meet and i think a headfi group on a facebook is a great idea. Im interested in listening to your k701 and how it would compare to my k501 and k340s. Let me know what you think.
icon10.gif
Oh, i go to UGA and a know a few other headfiers who go to.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #64 of 122
omgwtfbbq a K701!!! in athens!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm up for any UGA (I'm a student too) or ATL meet.

I'm about to have two more amps: a PINT in the imminent future and an HA-1 mkII in the future, as well as a Meier Corda CROSS-1 crossfeed
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #65 of 122
Sounds good. Search groups on Facebook and join. Tell other UGA students. In any case, you guys up for grabbing a study room in the SLC sometime soon? My K701s aren't anywhere near burned in yet due to time constraints, but they're getting there (probably about 25-30 hours now). And also, I'm obviously still more than up for an Atlanta-wide meet. Maybe there's a possibility of renting out a room somewhere like Jillian's and getting them to turn off the music in that room. And again, if everybody wants to come up to Athens while school's still in, there's bound to be a quiet study or conference room around somewhere.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #66 of 122
Curses! You should have chimed up earlier about the K701. We just had a minimeet at GaTech 2 weeks ago (yes, I know the rivalry and what not, but lets put it aside for the sake of headphones
biggrin.gif
) and we would have loved to heard those. If I can find transportation to Athens, I'd love to join in with this meet!

Edit: For all you Yellow Jackets out there, there is a Head-Fi group at GT that I made, so join up!

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #67 of 122
Nah, the rivalry doesn't bother me much; we beat the pants off you in everything that mattered this year. Plus I have good friends that go there. The only real objection I have to you guys is your campus.

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #68 of 122
Yeah I don't feel this rivalry thing either....we beat you guys so much it's not exciting anymore
evil_smiley.gif

Are we going to have a UGA mini-meet in the near future? I have the MCAT on April 22 so maybe after that?

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #69 of 122
Sounds good to me. as long as it's before finals crazy study time. By then my 'phones still probably won't be burnt in, but they'll be closer.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #70 of 122
All right. It'd probably be a good time to start planning that Athenian mini meet. Who all is up for it?

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #71 of 122
As long as it is before the first week of May (finals week), I can make it, assuming I can find transportation. Keep those K701's playing whenever you aren't listening to anything else!

Apr 5, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #72 of 122
Doing my best. My laptop and iPod often leave the room with me. By the way, everyone do remember that I'm ampless, so if you do want to hear what these can really do, and you're debating whether or not to bring your big amps, bring them. I'd imagine since we have at least two K340 users, that shouldn't be a problem, but figured I'd mention it just in case. For the record, I'm probably around 90 hours on the K701s now. Unless my ears deceive me, they're definitely starting to open up in the bass department. Even unamped, I don't really feel they're lacking at all except on a choice few recordings, in which they're only lacking a bit. But this is of course based upon my personal preference, and I'm not a basshead.

Apr 5, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #73 of 122
Hah, I have a K340, but actually, I am ampless at the moment! This will be rectified soon though, since I will build my HA-1 MKII and probably get a Melos over the summer to do those babies justice. However, I also am in the midst of getting some Dynahi boards for the future...

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #74 of 122
By the way, isn't living in Atlanta without a car of your own one of the seven deadly sins or something?

Apr 6, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #75 of 122
So far, it hasn't been that bad. MARTA is very useful for getting around, and having a car at GT is expensive in its own right, parking alone is $500, and then you have to add on insurance, gas, miscellaneous costs, it adds up. MARTA on the other hand is a simple $1.75 to anywhere in the city basically. For a poor college kid, much better choice at the moment than having a car here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back