Third Atlanta HeadFi Meet
Feb 9, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #46 of 122
All right, I went and talked to my student center today here at Georgia Tech, and they said that for an off-campus organization, the minimum cost will be $180 for 4+ hours. However, the Student Center also has a Music Listening Room that I may be able to rent for $115 for 3 hours or $50 per hour. If I am to start the process of getting one of these rooms, I will need to know the expected turnout. Honestly, if there arent at least 20+ people, it would't be worth getting a room here since the prices can go up rather quickly. Also, we need to discuss how we are going to handle the money if we are getting a room here.

Feb 17, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #47 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
All right, I went and talked to my student center today here at Georgia Tech, and they said that for an off-campus organization, the minimum cost will be $180 for 4+ hours. However, the Student Center also has a Music Listening Room that I may be able to rent for $115 for 3 hours or $50 per hour. If I am to start the process of getting one of these rooms, I will need to know the expected turnout. Honestly, if there arent at least 20+ people, it would't be worth getting a room here since the prices can go up rather quickly. Also, we need to discuss how we are going to handle the money if we are getting a room here.

oooo.... a fellow georgia tech-er. Anyways, I'd be up for it depending on which day it'll be hosted.

Feb 17, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #48 of 122
I still can't host the meet, but of course I will plan to attend.

Feb 21, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #49 of 122
bump, still looking for a good time and place to host a meet. thanks, minh

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #50 of 122
Another bump, three people isn't anywhere enough interest in order to host the meet at GT given my current options for locations.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #51 of 122
I can host in Athens, Though having an old house my power isnt all that clean.

Otherwise I am good going into ATL. I know there are/were some other athens Headfiers and Id love to sample some gear they might have even if it wasnt a real meet. All I can offer is HD600s.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #52 of 122
I'm good for either Atlanta or Athens. However I can only do it within these next two weekends.

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #53 of 122
anytime during our spring break is good!! Mine starts March 13th, so that weekend before the break?

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #54 of 122
The weekend before the 13th sounds good. I will keep my head out for options here on campus (preferably free ones, since otherwise, it will be a fair bit of change). Athens may not be good for me unless I can get transportation (Freshman == no car).

Mar 1, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #55 of 122
I'm good for the weekend before the 13th also. By then I should have my M3 all cased up and ready
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #56 of 122
ok im a student at tech...and I can give 3 or 4 ppl lifts if I end up going.

but gah...i've never been to athens and there has to be quiet a bit of equipments for me to go
frown.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #58 of 122
I'm not writing it off completely yet, but I probably won't be able to make a meet this weekend. I just remembered I have a 21st birthday on Saturday, so there's no telling what I'm going to be dragged into. Also Athens anytime in the near future is unlikely because my car is still broken, as mentioned before, but the Atlanta area is feasible.

Mar 8, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #59 of 122
Just a suggestion, but most public libraries have meeting rooms that are available - especially for clubs. I recall attending meetings at the Five Forks Branch in Gwinnett for a yo-yo club a few years ago, and I can guarantee it didn't cost anything (lots of kids). There is power, projection, and video resources available - they used it to show homemade video tapes of yo-yo tricks.

I currently belong to a rose-growers society that meets at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center. Certain High Schools are designated "community schools", too - meaning that they are setup to provide meeting areas/classes/etc. for various public and private organizations. All of this is more or less required by virtue of our tax dollars.

It may require some sort of evidence of a club charter or affiliation in some instances, but I doubt it.

Universities like the North Ave Trade School get a little antsy if it involves anyone more than students.

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #60 of 122
Guys,

I'm not quite sure if I can attend (sorry). I'm in the middle of moving from one apartment to another, so there are many things to be done b/w now and next week (I'm moving on Dec 18th). If I can I will let you guys know.

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back