Thinksound MS-01 review...
Dec 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

hanglee65

New Head-Fier
I received a pair of these eco-friendly iems from my friend Mr.Fournier. They are gorgeous -looking with real wood finish and metal accents. After testing them on the streets of boston  and Cambridge, and comparing the MS-01 to other worthy headsetts, this is my review.

For: Eco friendly, prestine design. Snappy, crisp  highs. Good vocal performance.  Carbon-fiber reinforced cord,  

Against: $120.00 retail price tag. Upper bass dominance does not help with low bass definition. Highs are recessed (can't distinguish various cymbals, lack of airines in classical violin music). 

Overall performance: great for those who like upper bass, high-powered heavy metal, reggae, hip-hop. 

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 10
Any other head-fiers have experience with these?

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:

I should in the next couple weeks. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I should in the next couple weeks. 
biggrin.gif

Change of heart for woodies? 
tongue.gif
 I look forward to seeing a review of them once you do.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 10
I've been using the ms01's for a few days now and they're actually improving sound-wise the more I use them. By that I don't mean that my opinion is changing but rather that they're changing slightly because of what I assume of the burn-in.

Anyway, my main setup is a pair of Aurvana In-ear 3's and compared to those, the ms01's are a different animal. They're more bass-heavy, they're not as wide stagewise and the treble is a bit, in my opinion, harsh. I find cymbals sounding a bit saturated, sometimes to the point where it's actually painful to hear. This is becoming less of a problem though so it seems the treble is getting smoother as the cans are burned in more and more. Voices (public radio and such) sound fine although the In-ear 3's are better because of slightly better bass handling and better overall clarity.

Overall, I like the ms01's for what they are. They're not neutral but they work fine for rock and pop music. Not "worth" their price if you're only looking at sound quality but they're also very nice looking and I like the concept of "eco friendly" cans.

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 10
I have a review pair that I'm burning in right now. I have a more extensive review up later, but thus far I'm impressed for the price category. Quite a bit detail overall with bass and treble extended (I think the ts02 I had was more mid-centric). I don't find the highs recessed at all and with good extension. I don't know if I would call them V-shape, but the bass and treble may be a little bit more bumped over the mids, but the mids aren't recessed. Anyway, more listening is required, but I am enjoying the timbre and details in the the sound...

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

Had em and shipped them back already....I thought they sounded thin.....not enough meat on the bone for me, they sounded to me a lot like the Brainwavz M4 that I had for half the money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back