Thinkpad OS
Oct 7, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 12
I would go this route, no question.
"Windows Vista Business downgrade to Windows XP Professional"

Imo Vista is bloated and slow running, while XP Pro is usable.

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 12
^Concur. I'm getting an x300, and as soon as it gets here, I'm doing a clean trimmed nlite xp install, so i can have more SSD to figure out how use osx with
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 12
Vista on those specs would spell trouble. My cousin's got a dell inspiron with a celeron processor and one gig of ram, the damn things goes ape**** quick.

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 12
Vista is still not as good as XP for everything a computer does.

Also, I really want to post in the same thread as nineohtoo, for obvious reasons.

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would go this route, no question.
"Windows Vista Business downgrade to Windows XP Professional"

Imo Vista is bloated and slow running, while XP Pro is usable.

x2. I have had three Thinkpads in the last n months (one stolen, one I gave to someone in my office who needed it, and then the replacement), and can tell you for sure this is true. Only way to go is this XP downgrade. You can create the proper recovery CD no problem.

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I have had three Thinkpads in the last n months (one stolen, one I gave to someone in my office who needed it, and then the replacement), and can tell you for sure this is true. Only way to go is this XP downgrade. You can create the proper recovery CD no problem.

thanks for all the input

i called lenovo this afternoon and they said to get vista business with the xp recovery cd.

but now that you said that i can make my own recovery cd, i guess i should get the downgrade and save 30 bucks

how do i make a cd?

oh, and i think i'm gonna spend the extra money and get either an x200 or 61

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 12
^There should be an option in start bar on how to make the recovery disc.

From toying around with the x300, its a really nice toy. I'm sure you'll like the x200 as much. But if you read on the thinkpad forums, there are some things that frustrate people, but they're things I feel I can live with, especially with being an early adopter to a lot of tech.

I really want a Lenovo S10 or an MSI wind, but considering this thing will take up the same thickness in a backpack and can do sooo much more, I'd rather cough up the difference for one of these. UMPCs are still too big to be really portable. Gotta get rid of my eeepc now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherwood
Also, I really want to post in the same thread as nineohtoo, for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons?

Oct 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No fighting, just peace and love!
biggrin.gif

krmathis-9190.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back