Thinking of toning down my rig to just: ESW9 + ipod touch, will I be happy?
Sep 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AndrewG

CAUTION: Incomplete trades
Aka: Boxboxbox
I am thinking of going down to just an ESW9 and ipod touch (5 when it comes out). I can't ever seem to hold onto my high end gear since cash always gets due as you can imagine. Also in almost every set up I put together there is always something wrong or slightly missing). So figure I will wait until I'm maybe loaded in the future... and in the mean time enjoy a modest set-up. What do you think??? Better than quitting all together probably.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 5
How long have you had the ESW9? If you're past around six months (the new toy phase) and still happy with it, you can probably settle down with it.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Personally, I dont see a problem with the rig per se - the problem lies with us. Until you can avoid this site and others like it, I can see no way forward. Seriously.

PS asking whether you will be happy with 'XYZ' is a little like me asking if I'll be happy with monogamy - while I'm sitting in a bar in Thailand.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes Ive had ESW9 before, it was pretty sweet. In fact, I've probably had every big headphones 5-6 times. The headphone game can be pretty stressful! I'm gonna try it out then get back into this when $$ isn't an issue! Maybe by then there will be portable players that can play 24/96 FLAC and hold a lot of storage.

Custom IEMs were the most stressful, I had gone through five of them and none of them ever fit.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Do yourself a favor, throw a portable amp into your equation. Otherwise I would suggest to get a headphone that would not benefit MUCH from an amp.

Knowing that you can easily improve its sound, that makes you itchy all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back