thinking about going grado (urgent 05/09/08)
May 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #16 of 24
No question to my mind - in this case you go Grado.

May 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 24
i just demod the ath-a700s i like them but the highs are very sharp almoast harsh.

but i cant find anywhere that sells grado in saskatoon please help!

May 11, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he doesn't need to mod them to make the hd414 pads fit Grados. He dyes them black though.

Yes, they're dyed black, however per customer request I'll socket mod them for the same price.

May 11, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the SR-60. If you like the "Grado sound," sell them and move up the ladder.

x2 if you haven't heard grados before, try out the bottom of the line as they are still excellent. grado lovers also enjoy how moddable grados are...with so many mods available online, you can essentially make your own headphone. i bought the sr60 and ended up liking the bowls over the comfies. therefore, i would suggest the sr80 as they come stock with bowl pads.

May 11, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #20 of 24
I started with the sr80's and love them. They do any rock sound extremely well. I bought mine in-store at 6th ave electronics. If you ever go there good luck on getting someone that knows where they are, what they are or even why they sell them. If I had to get another pair I'd order online. So much less of a hassle.

May 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemar42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started with the sr80's and love them. They do any rock sound extremely well. I bought mine in-store at 6th ave electronics. If you ever go there good luck on getting someone that knows where they are, what they are or even why they sell them. If I had to get another pair I'd order online. So much less of a hassle.

6th av saskatoon?

May 11, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

6th av saskatoon?

well I live in the us, we have a bunch here in jersey.

May 11, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Gratz on the SR80s. They are great for rock
smily_headphones1.gif
. My rock cans are Graods for sure, and they are in a nice price range. There are other cans up the ladder that is fantastic for rock, but the Grados fast attack is fun and addicting. Enjoy the cans.

May 11, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

well I live in the us, we have a bunch here in jersey.

well im in canada and in saskatoon for tomorow so i need a store in saskatoon that carrys grados.

but i did find ath-a700s for a overly inflated price of $257
eek.gif
i basicaly told the guy at audio warehouse to F-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back