Things you could spend on instead if you hadn't bought something useless.
May 19, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 24
NightWoundsTime, if you take the time to take a walk at least an hour a day you could lose that weight even more. I'm 5'8" and I went from 200 to 180 solely on walking and keeping my diet around 2000 calories. If I had hit the gym I probably would've lost more. Though now that I have hit 180, I've been staying there for awhile which means walking isn't cutting it anymore and I need to go to the gym.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
Exactly - we suffer through gut-rot and sensitized teeth for those bad boys. They must be worth it!

LMAO! Yea!

Seriously, I'm pretty young and I have sensitive teeth due to my candy filled days.
frown.gif
If I ever have a kid who likes candy alot, I'll be sure to show pictures of rotting teeth!
etysmile.gif

May 19, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 24
I have a weakness for coffee-flavoured ice-cream of a particular kind sold in supermarkets around here. If it were for me I'd eat several cups a day, but I restrain myself to only one or at most two.
If I suddenly stopped eating that ice cream, I'd save up about €0.80 per day, which means €24 per month and (holy crap) €268 per year.
That could buy me a video card, or two high capacity hard drives, or a nice mp3 player, or enough cheap chinese electronics to fill a large box.
But you know what? Screw that. I derive so much pleasure from eating that ice cream I'm willing to give up the electronics in its favour.
tongue.gif

May 19, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 24
I went through at least a pack of Marlboro or Parliament Lights per day from 17 until 25. That's roughly 3,000 packs. Four of those years were spent in Virginia, where smokes ran about $2 per pack; otherwise they were about $5.

Doing the math, that's over ten @#$^%$ing grand spent on cancer potential and smelling like a barroom floor. Sheesh. I've never actually added it up like that.

And the saddest part? I still miss it.

May 19, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #19 of 24
Being away from home more than half a day, I wasted too much money for on-the-go food. In the end they atleast cost as much as the groceries at home.

If I had make lunches for myself instead, probably a new digital camera.

May 19, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've probably spent around 500-1000 on McDonald's home delivery. I've mostly crapped them out so I'd consider it useless. I probably would use the money for filters + tripod + SB800 flash + 85mm f/1.8 if I had it now
smily_headphones1.gif

McDonald's home delivery?!?!?
blink.gif
I've never heard of such a thing.... thats sweeet!!!
icon10.gif

May 22, 2007 at 8:54 AM Post #24 of 24
One word for you guys

Alcohol

I could've bought a few houses with the amount of money that I have spent on going out and drinking over the past 25 years. A lot of fun, but also alot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back