Things you could spend on instead if you hadn't bought something useless.
May 15, 2007 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Shurado

100+ Head-Fier
By useless, I mean it has a short enjoyment factor such as candy which is my case.

During this year in college, I spent at least forty dollars on gummy worms as they were five dollars per pack from their overpriced marketplace. I also bought many boxes of chewy bars at fifteen dollars each and I must've bought around eight of them. All in all, I could've had $160 more in my pocket to use if I hadn't wasted on those things. This doesn't include the many candy bags and bars that I bought throughout the year either...

With that $160, I could've had more than half of what I need to pay for the Supermini I ordered...

May 15, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 24
I've probably spent around 500-1000 on McDonald's home delivery. I've mostly crapped them out so I'd consider it useless. I probably would use the money for filters + tripod + SB800 flash + 85mm f/1.8 if I had it now
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've probably spent around 500-1000 on McDonald's home delivery. I've mostly crapped them out so I'd consider it useless.

Cheeseburger - come out, come out, wherever you are!

May 15, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 24
If I had back all the money I've ever spent on fast food (any restaurant in general) I could have, like, 2 Maseratis. (And I'd probably weigh 100lbs less).

May 15, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 24
...most things high school teenagers spend their money on is a waste of money anyway. I don't even need to begin the things I've been wasting my money on...
wink.gif

May 15, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 24
Candy is by no means useless. Evanescent, perhaps, but certainly not useless. Think of how happy you were when you were eating those gummy worms!

May 19, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was single I used to spend, on average, $800 a month on food...for me! And no, I didn't weigh 300lbs...only 190, but I'm 6'1".

Wow you must have been eating some seriously good food. I do weigh closer to 300 (nah only 260 at last count), and I don't overeat in any sense of the word. My one weakness is the spanish food I'll go get in a couple hours, and the fact that they give me like 5 cups of yellow rice & black beans, a truly disturbing amount. Problem is I can't NOT eat it once they give it to me. That's my one overeating situation but the whole meal costs $6. Other than that I'm lucky to eat 2 meals a day on my 4 workdays per week, usually one home cooked meal at night and a light fast food meal in the morning/midday (McDonalds breakfast sandwich, Burger King Whopper Jr... no fried potato nastiness, just enough to keep off the hunger while I work.) Weekends I go a little more crazy but I still keep it under 2000 calories a day, if I eat a big meal like I'm planning to do in a little bit I won't be hungry again today, I'll only eat something if I end up out with friends. Overall I'd call my personal food budget about $70 a week. Well spent since at least when I cook at home I don't end up eating trash.

May 19, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Candy is by no means useless. Evanescent, perhaps, but certainly not useless. Think of how happy you were when you were eating those gummy worms!

Exactly - we suffer through gut-rot and sensitized teeth for those bad boys. They must be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back