ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 16, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #1,021 of 4,752
I like to add, the changes of nozzle's design is due to customer feedback from linsoul's support. I wonder who complained?😄

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #1,022 of 4,752
I can even feel the weight on my BElieve is heavier then Monarch.
The Believe is a pretty heavy chunk of metal.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,023 of 4,752
The Believe is a pretty heavy chunk of metal.
Yes indeed it is, the lightness of Monarch is a plus here for comfort conscious.

Dec 16, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #1,024 of 4,752
Has anyone else had a problem where the metal part of the nozzle on their Monarch comes off? It can be put back on, but it won't stay permanently, which is annoying as occasionally the metal nozzle and tip come off if I take the IEM out of my ear. Also, concerned about the filter coming unglued, is there a recommended replacement if that becomes an issue?

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,025 of 4,752
Has anyone else had a problem where the metal part of the nozzle on their Monarch comes off? It can be put back on, but it won't stay permanently, which is annoying as occasionally the metal nozzle and tip come off if I take the IEM out of my ear. Also, concerned about the filter coming unglued, is there a recommended replacement if that becomes an issue?

Had you done a lot of tip rolling before this issue? Or was it just from pulling them out of your ears?

If the latter, I would contact Linsoul and see if they consider them defective. If it's from a ton of use or too changes, they might point you in the right direction as to how to glue the area in a secure way that wont harm the drivers or sound.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #1,026 of 4,752
Had you done a lot of tip rolling before this issue? Or was it just from pulling them out of your ears?

If the latter, I would contact Linsoul and see if they consider them defective. If it's from a ton of use or too changes, they might point you in the right direction as to how to glue the area in a secure way that wont harm the drivers or sound.

Yeah, I might get on their Discord maybe and see what's up? The first time it came off was when I did my first tip change with the foam tips, like a week after I bought it. The metal nozzle essentially goes back in, but it can kinda slowly spin now, so either it came unglued or it's just not notching back in properly? It is the nozzle with the lip, too. Today's it's been sliding out when I take it out of my ear, but maybe it's just dry weather and my ears are kinda pinchy with eartips sometimes too. Weird phenomenon.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #1,027 of 4,752
Yes this happened to me with my Monarchs that were less than two weeks old. I did a fair amount of tip rolling but was always pretty careful. I will say that new lip they put on makes it quite a bit harder to get some tips off though. Again, I wish they had not added that lip. They are already thick nozzles and as long as you kept the tip and nozzle clean the tips stayed on just fine.

I suspect as more of the Monarchs and Clairvoyances with the new nozzle get out there this issue is going to come up quite a bit. I had no interest in trying to return and wait yet another month for a replacement pair. I VERY carefully applied some super glue around the base of that metal nozzle and made sure to wipe away any excess that came out after inserting the nozzle back on.

Between this, the 2 pin cable fitment I mentioned earlier in this thread and my faceplates not being perfectly flush with the shell I am kind of underwhelmed with the build quality for this price point. They do sound great though!

Yeah, I might get on their Discord maybe and see what's up? The first time it came off was when I did my first tip change with the foam tips, like a week after I bought it. The metal nozzle essentially goes back in, but it can kinda slowly spin now, so either it came unglued or it's just not notching back in properly? It is the nozzle with the lip, too. Today's it's been sliding out when I take it out of my ear, but maybe it's just dry weather and my ears are kinda pinchy with eartips sometimes too. Weird phenomenon.

The nozzle should definitely NOT come out! You need to glue it back in like I did or contact them.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #1,028 of 4,752
Yes this happened to me with my Monarchs that were less than two weeks old. I did a fair amount of tip rolling but was always pretty careful. I will say that new lip they put on makes it quite a bit harder to get some tips off though. Again, I wish they had not added that lip. They are already thick nozzles and as long as you kept the tip and nozzle clean the tips stayed on just fine.

I suspect as more of the Monarchs and Clairvoyances with the new nozzle get out there this issue is going to come up quite a bit. I had no interest in trying to return and wait yet another month for a replacement pair. I VERY carefully applied some super glue around the base of that metal nozzle and made sure to wipe away any excess that came out after inserting the nozzle back on.

Between this, the 2 pin cable fitment I mentioned earlier in this thread and my faceplates not being perfectly flush with the shell I am kind of underwhelmed with the build quality for this price point. They do sound great though!

The nozzle should definitely NOT come out! You need to glue it back in like I did or contact them.
Maybe Professor @Slater can provide a recommendation on a good glue to use, instead of Superglue.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #1,029 of 4,752
I appreciate all forthcoming issues. Hopefully is an isolated case for wonderoushippo.

Dec 18, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #1,030 of 4,752
Crinacle gave the Clairvoyance an S grade for tonality IIRC , I find the vocals way shouty and unnatural. Is it possible that we hear so differently?. I am confused to ne honest. A lot of other reviewers have praised it also. I find the L3 shouty too , L5 less so.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #1,031 of 4,752
Crinacle gave the Clairvoyance an S grade for tonality IIRC , I find the vocals way shouty and unnatural. Is it possible that we hear so differently?. I am confused to ne honest. A lot of other reviewers have praised it also. I find the L3 shouty too , L5 less so.
Maybe you got the Monarch instead?😄

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #1,032 of 4,752
Maybe you got the Monarch instead?😄
Could be, haha. Looks like the Clairvoyance. Is it shouty for you? The monarch? I find the Orb a lot more tonally correct. I should have baught the Volt I think.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,033 of 4,752

Evidentally, we do hear quite differently in some areas. I think a lot of people are sensitive to 5-8k region, where some are sensitive to 10k and some only care about tone in the 2-4k.

I personally can tolerate a lot of treble energy, but understand from demoing a lot of equipment for people that I care more about the presentation than how something is tonally shifted than some. For instance, I find the Monarch detailed but smooth where others feel it's too engaging sometimes for treble. Is what it is. I listen mainly to studio monitors (PMC DB1 Golds) and like headphones/IEMs that mimic their sense of space and detail.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #1,034 of 4,752
Evidentally, we do hear quite differently in some areas. I think a lot of people are sensitive to 5-8k region, where some are sensitive to 10k and some only care about tone in the 2-4k.

I personally can tolerate a lot of treble energy, but understand from demoing a lot of equipment for people that I care more about the presentation than how something is tonally shifted than some. For instance, I find the Monarch detailed but smooth where others feel it's too engaging sometimes for treble. Is what it is. I listen mainly to studio monitors (PMC DB1 Golds) and like headphones/IEMs that mimic their sense of space and detail.
Aren't the vocals most affected by the 2-4k area? Why would anybody that listens to music with vocals not care about it. It's very important to me.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #1,035 of 4,752
Could be, haha. Looks like the Clairvoyance. Is it shouty for you? The monarch? I find the Orb a lot more tonally correct. I should have baught the Volt I think.
Yes Monarch are tad shouty, not Claire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back