ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #2,686 of 4,752
Are the prices more expensive on amazon.de than they are on Linsoul? On amazon.co.uk they're a good bit more expensive.

The Oracle is £449.99 on amazon.co.uk which is about $627.71. It's only $539 on Linsoul.
In the end I paid $570 including transport (Amazon.de). That is then $10 for the extra insurance against potential tax and return headaches...

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #2,688 of 4,752
Anyone got the Excalibur yet? I just ordered mine today. Was hoping for more impressions but there’s only like 1 review out there for it. lol.

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,689 of 4,752
Anyone got the Excalibur yet? I just ordered mine today. Was hoping for more impressions but there’s only like 1 review out there for it. lol.
Crinacle just published an update to his IEM rankings that included both the Oracle and Excalibur. He's not the be all and end all, but his is an important data point.

https://crinacle.com/2021/06/13/the-pre-show-update-iem-ranking-list/

Oracle: Overall: A, Tone S, Technical: A-

Excalibur: Overall: B+, Tone B, Technical A.

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #2,692 of 4,752
Crinacle just published an update to his IEM rankings that included both the Oracle and Excalibur. He's not the be all and end all, but his is an important data point.

https://crinacle.com/2021/06/13/the-pre-show-update-iem-ranking-list/

Oracle: Overall: A, Tone S, Technical: A-

Excalibur: Overall: B+, Tone B, Technical A.
Hmm, Excalibur really took a hit on tonality… I already have the Monarchs and thought the Excalibur would be a great compliment to it. I’ll stick it out and see how it sounds when I get it and if I absolutely hate it, then I’ll be exchanging it for the Oracle. Lol

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #2,693 of 4,752
Hmm, Excalibur really took a hit on tonality… I already have the Monarchs and thought the Excalibur would be a great compliment to it. I’ll stick it out and see how it sounds when I get it and if I absolutely hate it, then I’ll be exchanging it for the Oracle. Lol
I was thinking about picking up either an Oracle or Clairvoyance to complement my Monarchs. I am waiting for @Resolve review who said he would be doing one. He did a quick one sentence overview and said that the Oracle is not better than the Clairvoyance to his ear.

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #2,694 of 4,752
I was thinking about picking up either an Oracle or Clairvoyance to complement my Monarchs. I am waiting for @Resolve review who said he would be doing one. He did a quick one sentence overview and said that the Oracle is not better than the Clairvoyance to his ear.
Well it seems like the Excalibur has more energetic treble compared to the Monarchs from 8.5K and up which I generally EQ anyway. And it definitely fills the gap of the mid bass section, which I also EQed. So I think I’ll be alright. Lol

3EC94AA0-1CA8-4269-AB43-FED93883482E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #2,695 of 4,752
Got my Monarchs back from getting repaired today. Took exactly a month from dropping it off with DHL. My have I missed these… it just brings a tear to my eye with how good these things sound!

I also picked up an L&P W2 and it sounds stellar! The W2 is worth every penny and pairs amazingly well with the Monarchs.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #2,696 of 4,752
Have been using Excalibur for more than 2 months and it is good for listening to details, I had also compare Oracle (friend's set) and Excalibur with a friend. Both of us agreed that Oracle is good for general listening and can leave it on your ear for a long time. Excalibur is for those who is serious in listening to details (for me as I listen mostly to instrument Jass, etc.) Excalibur's high at around 5k can be a bit energetic which you might not like it at time. I have run in for more than 300 hours and the energetic high improve a lit bit. Oracle is suitable for majority listener and for me I prefer Excalibur to the details.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #2,697 of 4,752
Have been using Excalibur for more than 2 months and it is good for listening to details, I had also compare Oracle (friend's set) and Excalibur with a friend. Both of us agreed that Oracle is good for general listening and can leave it on your ear for a long time. Excalibur is for those who is serious in listening to details (for me as I listen mostly to instrument Jass, etc.) Excalibur's high at around 5k can be a bit energetic which you might not like it at time. I have run in for more than 300 hours and the energetic high improve a lit bit. Oracle is suitable for majority listener and for me I prefer Excalibur to the details.
That's awesome to hear! Your observations jive with Crinacles ranking of giving the Excalibur an A in technicalities and an A- to Oracle. I'm really big on microdetail and bass. I also like a lot of treble energy. I EQed my Monarchs to sound like the Elysian Annihilator and I loved it.

So this is all very good news to me and glad that I went with purchasing the Excalibur instead of the Oracle. Ideally I'd like to have both but not enough money... Lol. Thanks for the impressions!

Jun 20, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #2,698 of 4,752
That's awesome to hear! Your observations jive with Crinacles ranking of giving the Excalibur an A in technicalities and an A- to Oracle. I'm really big on microdetail and bass. I also like a lot of treble energy. I EQed my Monarchs to sound like the Elysian Annihilator and I loved it.

So this is all very good news to me and glad that I went with purchasing the Excalibur instead of the Oracle. Ideally I'd like to have both but not enough money... Lol. Thanks for the impressions!
How are you liking the Monarch so far? I just ordered the Oracle because I want something very musical but I'm thinking of ordering the Monarch. I'm big on microdetails and like sweet vocals. I also wonder if the Monarch is an improvement to my og and steele andromedas.

Jun 20, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #2,699 of 4,752
How are you liking the Monarch so far? I just ordered the Oracle because I want something very musical but I'm thinking of ordering the Monarch. I'm big on microdetails and like sweet vocals. I also wonder if the Monarch is an improvement to my og and steele andromedas.
Personally I love my Monarchs. However, it wasn't like that since day 1. Yes I did like them out of the box but I found them to be slightly lacking in the mid bass department.

But after many many hours (and days) of finding the right combination of tips, cable, impedance adapters and source, I finally found the perfect sound for my tastes. I primarily listen to electronica and a little bit of rock, and the Monarchs are just perfect. Female vocals are top notch on the Monarchs. Male vocals may sound a little thin due to the Monarchs tuning, but again, with the right combination of tips, cable, source, you can bring out just enough mid bass to make them sound great with male vocals.

Here's the setup that makes my Monarchs sing:
D205D846-94F0-4A71-8236-943AF08106E8.jpeg

PC/Phone/DAP -> iDefender (with external power) -> L&P W2 -> xCan (balanced) -> Monarchs

For the Monarchs, I'm using a silver Litz cable and Spinfit CP500 tips with foam inserts.

This combination is simply amazing for me. Puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it. :)

Jun 20, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,700 of 4,752
Personally I love my Monarchs. However, it wasn't like that since day 1. Yes I did like them out of the box but I found them to be slightly lacking in the mid bass department.

But after many many hours (and days) of finding the right combination of tips, cable, impedance adapters and source, I finally found the perfect sound for my tastes. I primarily listen to electronica and a little bit of rock, and the Monarchs are just perfect. Female vocals are top notch on the Monarchs. Male vocals may sound a little thin due to the Monarchs tuning, but again, with the right combination of tips, cable, source, you can bring out just enough mid bass to make them sound great with male vocals.

Here's the setup that makes my Monarchs sing:

PC/Phone/DAP -> iDefender (with external power) -> L&P W2 -> xCan (balanced) -> Monarchs

For the Monarchs, I'm using a silver Litz cable and Spinfit CP500 tips with foam inserts.

This combination is simply amazing for me. Puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it. :)
Nice to hear a bit about your journey to getting them where you want them.
I’m already happy, but I’m also still finding the right combination. I’m using the monarchs with the lsc08, and trying different tips. The ones I like most fit wise, don’t bring big differences in sound. I still have the Dunu dw02 cable. Which I need to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back