ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 16, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #2,671 of 4,751
Jun 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,673 of 4,751
With dhl express. Paid taxes in advance. Got a text message from dhl to pay it.
Yes DHL is fast and there are taxes to be paid with DHL, that's why I opted for YunExperss. Linsoul claims there are no taxes if YunExperss is chosen. But I'm not sure if that's true, or how long shipping takes with YunExperss.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #2,674 of 4,751
Yes DHL is fast and there are taxes to be paid with DHL, that's why I opted for YunExperss. Linsoul claims there are no taxes if YunExperss is chosen. But I'm not sure if that's true, or how long shipping takes with YunExperss.
I haven't tried this with Linsoul but several times with Hifigo. No taxes to be paid and shipping is about 10-14 days incl weekends. I prefer this kind shipping instead of express, generally it's not much slower.

The biggest problems with these Chinese websites is the time between order and shipping :)

Jun 16, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #2,676 of 4,751
My Oracles are definitely smaller than my Monarchs.
The shape of the shell is similar, but they look like scaled down Monarchs.
Would you mind leaving a couple thoughts on how you think the Monarch and the Oracle compare, if you haven't already somewhere?

Monarchs are maybe my favorite IEM, and most certainly my most used pair, but they don't leave my desk. Was considering a very slightly cheaper younger sibling for on-the-go. I saw BGGAR said the Oracle is "way better" than the Monarch or something, but I've found his tastes not aligned with my own in the past (and a lot of his tastes/takes pretty hyperbolic and even a little eccentric). Thanks!

Edit: Not to be too hard on BGGAR or anything - checked a few of his latest vids and the timestamps and better format are definitely a great addition. I guess I just haven't really seen eye to eye with him like I have others such as Crinacle and Resolve (even if I occassionally disagree with the latter two).

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,677 of 4,751
How is the Clair compared the Stellia? I really like the sound signature of the Stellia.
I feel like they are relatively similar in frequency response. That's how it sounds to my ears anyway.

I'm no expert in reviewing or overly articulate when describing sound but the obvious differences are Clairvoyance has a stronger sub-bass and Stellia feels more open/wider soundstage too.

One thing that surprised me coming from the Stellia to these IEMs is how they do a very good job on detail.

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #2,678 of 4,751
I did not even know I could choose a different shipper 😂
I live in Switzerland and to avoid having additional taxes and have additional guarentee for a return policy, I ordered them through Linsoul on Amazon.de. I prefer to buy direct, but thought the risk was too high. You pay 15 euro for sending, it still took 3 weeks and was send with YunExpress. The delay was YunExpress as package stayed in 'handed over to carrier' status for more than 2 weeks. I guess with all the good experiences with Linsoul, you might as well order direct.

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,679 of 4,751
I live in Switzerland and to avoid having additional taxes and have additional guarentee for a return policy, I ordered them through Linsoul on Amazon.de. I prefer to buy direct, but thought the risk was too high. You pay 15 euro for sending, it still took 3 weeks and was send with YunExpress. The delay was YunExpress as package stayed in 'handed over to carrier' status for more than 2 weeks. I guess with all the good experiences with Linsoul, you might as well order direct.
Are the prices more expensive on amazon.de than they are on Linsoul? On amazon.co.uk they're a good bit more expensive.

The Oracle is £449.99 on amazon.co.uk which is about $627.71. It's only $539 on Linsoul.

Jun 17, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2,680 of 4,751
Are the prices more expensive on amazon.de than they are on Linsoul? On amazon.co.uk they're a good bit more expensive.

The Oracle is £449.99 on amazon.co.uk which is about $627.71. It's only $539 on Linsoul.
I saw that too. I just ordered from Linsoul directly.

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #2,681 of 4,751
The stock cable of Monarch, or separately sold as “EST cable” by Thieaudio has UV treatment, as per some other users mentioned before, I was able to capture it by photo when catching the reflection from Sunny day sunlight, it’s beautiful tint!
Default:
EEEF4878-FFB9-4198-9BB2-87DCD845956B.jpeg

With sunlight:
A379F7C3-A018-4213-B2EC-679E0FA9361D.jpeg

Zooming into:
44DAB3EC-8C3F-4BFD-A1C8-07AECC40F1E0.jpeg

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2,683 of 4,751
i found the lack of tips very disappointing. i could not get a good fit with anything i tried besides foam and foam never stays in my ears. maybe i need to try the foams you guys mentioned above. i sold my oracle for what i paid and got the fh5 for 130 dollars. it comes with 7 pairs of tips of all types and the fit in 100 times better and more secure. the sound is 95 percent as good. less refined but great. fit is very important and these are hit and miss.

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #2,684 of 4,751
i found the lack of tips very disappointing. i could not get a good fit with anything i tried besides foam and foam never stays in my ears. maybe i need to try the foams you guys mentioned above. i sold my oracle for what i paid and got the fh5 for 130 dollars. it comes with 7 pairs of tips of all types and the fit in 100 times better and more secure. the sound is 95 percent as good. less refined but great. fit is very important and these are hit and miss.
yeah, fit is definitely top priority for IEMs. i do find the included tips a bit lacking as well, but RHA/Symbio solved that problem

i have the FH5 as my beater pair of iems, and the Clairvoyance (with the right fit ofc) absolutely crushes it in every way except for build quality (metal vs plastic)....6x the price tho so as expected

i know what a lot of people do (including myself) is build up a reservoir of various tips -- this way, no need to rely on manufacturer tip selection to get a good fit

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #2,685 of 4,751
yeah, fit is definitely top priority for IEMs. i do find the included tips a bit lacking as well, but RHA/Symbio solved that problem

i have the FH5 as my beater pair of iems, and the Clairvoyance (with the right fit ofc) absolutely crushes it in every way except for build quality (metal vs plastic)....6x the price tho so as expected

i know what a lot of people do (including myself) is build up a reservoir of various tips -- this way, no need to rely on manufacturer tip selection to get a good fit
which symbio style do you think works best for the higher end iems like oracle or Fh5 they look super interesting and comfortable. i just need a tip that inserts deep enough to seal. the stock fh5 tips are great but the foams are way to wide but the bass tips are perfect for me. if the oracle had tips like this i would have probably kept it. my xelastic dont fit on fh5 but i love xelastic stickyness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back