ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 8, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #4,081 of 4,754
There must be a serious QC problem at Thieaudio (Linsoul).
I bought a few days aqo Oracles mkII, the right DD is crackling when listening louder and the 2Pin connectors are wiggly.
What a shame for almost 600$.

EDIT
Or lets say there is a big QC issue with alot of Chifi companies....
Before the Oracles i had the Shozy Magmas for 2 weeks, fell down from a table to the floor , ~70cm, one shell broken.
Before them i had Ikko OH10 after almost a Year one DD stopped working.

This is ridiculous cuz even if those products are Chifi, they are definetely not cheap for stuff where the buildmaterial only costs just a few bucks :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #4,082 of 4,754
This is what I was also talking about. Asking to send video proof of a defect is one thing while saying that ”we have a frequency graph for that serial number and it was fine before we shipped it” is another whole level which is just unacceptable.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of the consumer who paid $1300 + import taxes etc. and imagine the horror he has to go through to get the defective product replaced. Surely an experience like this puts people off from buying from such retailers or brands even. I would think 10 times now before buying a ThieAudio product or anything expensive from foreign sites no matter what the reviews say.
Yes, sympathy for sure. But, also, buyers should understand the terms of the seller as well…

For Linsoul there is a check box that says “I agree with the Terms & conditions”. If you click the words (not the box) you are taken to https://www.linsoul.com/pages/terms-and-conditions. This is a remarkably short page. The terms and conditions explicitly call out that videos and photos would be required for proof of a problem, and that customer paid shipping is to be expected.

As consumers we don’t have to like the policies. We don’t have to like the manner in which the policies are enforced. But once we have agreed to those policies our moral position to complain is somewhat compromised.

Anyway, I have purchased quite a bit of kit from Linsoul over the years and fortunately I have never had an issue, but if I do ever have an issue I have agreed to their terms for dealing with it. I might get upset, but I have agreed…

I dont mean to preach. And I do hope that anyone with a faulty product will ultimately achieve satisfaction.

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,083 of 4,754
On Facebook SeeAudio just posted about thier replacement policy as it came to light the Yume II has some first batch issues with QC, same deal go through your seller send proof and after we receive your old unit back ( Shipping on you ) we will test and replace.

The whole ChiFi industry needs to get better.

I just went through this with a Dash Cam, the seller sends you a picture of the unit with your shipping label with the unit working. Yes mine worked but the internalGPS module was defective. Many , many pictures, videos testing cables , location....ect finally they agreed to test the unit once I paid to ship it back and replace if found defective again crap service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_084849_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_084849_AliExpress.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #4,084 of 4,754
For example,
if i have a warranty issue with my Sonos products i call Sonos.
They send the new Item with DHL.
You take your new item out of the box and put the defective back into the box and DHL delivers it back to Sonos!
Easy as that!

You might like Sonos or not but this is how a customers wants to be treaten if he pays (maybe/individual) alot of money!

Jan 8, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #4,085 of 4,754
I mentioned long time ago that the only solution to aftersales issues of small Chifi companies is to have proper dealers in USA (such as Musicteck) or EU.

It should be a win win situation since there will be additional job opportunities for local and there is a collective aftersales efforts for small Chifi companies that they cannot afford otherwise.

Until then, the problem is not able to resolve.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #4,086 of 4,754
Yes, sympathy for sure. But, also, buyers should understand the terms of the seller as well…

For Linsoul there is a check box that says “I agree with the Terms & conditions”. If you click the words (not the box) you are taken to https://www.linsoul.com/pages/terms-and-conditions. This is a remarkably short page. The terms and conditions explicitly call out that videos and photos would be required for proof of a problem, and that customer paid shipping is to be expected.

As consumers we don’t have to like the policies. We don’t have to like the manner in which the policies are enforced. But once we have agreed to those policies our moral position to complain is somewhat compromised.

Anyway, I have purchased quite a bit of kit from Linsoul over the years and fortunately I have never had an issue, but if I do ever have an issue I have agreed to their terms for dealing with it. I might get upset, but I have agreed…

I dont mean to preach. And I do hope that anyone with a faulty product will ultimately achieve satisfaction.
But it is not about messed up T&C's, but its about Linsoul denying simple warranty cases. I had pair of Oracle myself but dealt with Linsoul RMA twice - both cases the warranty was denied for almost 700$ IEM.
In first case they agreed after few posts on sm and here to honour their warranty. In second case Linsoul sent damaged and destroyed pair of Oracle - basically they said to my mate that he can f..off. Disgrace.

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #4,087 of 4,754
For example,
if i have a warranty issue with my Sonos products i call Sonos.
They send the new Item with DHL.
You take your new item out of the box and put the defective back into the box and DHL delivers it back to Sonos!
Easy as that!

You might like Sonos or not but this is how a customers wants to be treaten if he pays (maybe/individual) alot of money!
Sure, and it is great that Sonos (and others) does this! But that does not require Linsoul (or others) to do this. Help them make the right decision by voting with your money.

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #4,088 of 4,754
Hello everyone.

Thank you all for your feedback. We have noted everything and we will aim to do better.

With regards to Bret's case, we will continue to do a follow-up via e-mail.

Thank you very much.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

This thread is the sole reason I just ordered a pair of IE 900’s instead of the Prestige I had spent the last month planning on purchasing. Make of that what you will.

Jan 8, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #4,089 of 4,754
I was harsh but sometimes it's necessary. I love my Monarchs Mk2 and i really think that Thieaudio is one of the greatest, especially when it comes to the tuning. But the customer service needs a lot of improvement, it's just not acceptable. Also the Thieaudio iems don't have the sturdiest build quality, so the smooth and effortless service is a must. The Dunu iems for example have superior build quality.
So sound wise- Thieaudio is a Huge YES. The rest needs a lot of improvement.

Jan 8, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #4,090 of 4,754
Hello everyone.

Thank you all for your feedback and concern.

Prior to the suggestions given, the pre-paid DHL Express Shipping Label has already been sent to Bret via DM and e-mail, with all the instructions included.

The follow-up will be done via e-mail.

Thank you.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

Linsoul Make your soul dance 💃 Stay updated on Linsoul at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Linsoulaudio/ https://twitter.com/Linsoul_Audio https://www.instagram.com/linsoul.audio/ https://www.linsoul.com/ https://www.linsoul.com/ support@linsoul.com
Jan 8, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #4,091 of 4,754
Hello everyone.

Thank you all for your feedback and concern.

Prior to the suggestions given, the pre-paid DHL Express Shipping Label has already been sent to Bret via DM and e-mail, with all the instructions included.

The follow-up will be done via e-mail.

Thank you.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team
I’m happy to see you’re communicating with us at least. I appreciate you trying to rectify the situation.
May I piggy back if I could? What would be the best process in order to get some new filters for my Monarch MKII? Again - happy to pay for the filters and shipping. Just don’t want to go through hoops just to get something simple.

Thank you again.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #4,092 of 4,754
I was harsh but sometimes it's necessary. I love my Monarchs Mk2 and i really think that Thieaudio is one of the greatest, especially when it comes to the tuning. But the customer service needs a lot of improvement, it's just not acceptable. Also the Thieaudio iems don't have the sturdiest build quality, so the smooth and effortless service is a must. The Dunu iems for example have superior build quality.
So sound wise- Thieaudio is a Huge YES. The rest needs a lot of improvement.
I just bought the Prestige's from another head fier here and I can unequivocally say they are pretty good. You can see my little mini take on them (on the Prestige thread) as I have only listened to them for under 2 hours. I'm comparing them to my Mest MK2's. My take is they are not as detailed as the the Mests, with less soundstage (but still pretty good), but the cable is great, the fit is great, and they are non fatiguing with everything I throw at them and could wear them for hours. My main listening is metal and prog and I really dig them. Hopefully, i won't have any QC issues with them and that is generally why I prefer to buy my stuff from Musicteck or similar vendors here in the US.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #4,093 of 4,754
I just bought the Prestige's from another head fier here and I can unequivocally say they are pretty good. You can see my little mini take on them (on the Prestige thread) as I have only listened to them for under 2 hours. I'm comparing them to my Mest MK2's. My take is they are not as detailed as the the Mests, with less soundstage (but still pretty good), but the cable is great, the fit is great, and they are non fatiguing with everything I throw at them and could wear them for hours. My main listening is metal and prog and I really dig them. Hopefully, i won't have any QC issues with them and that is generally why I prefer to buy my stuff from Musicteck or similar vendors here in the US.
Thanx!

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #4,094 of 4,754
My only other thing I noticed is that the treble is "splashier" than the Mests too. The Mests have crisper and more defined treble snap. I'm really just talking about cymbal strikes, etc. However, it's just the way the treble is tuned on the Prestige's. However, the Mests could be fatiguing on certain tracks, like the new Megadeth record which is very treble based. I don't have any of that with the Prestige's. Just my 2 cents. I'm curious to see some actual reviews come out. The only real "review" is bad guy good audio reviews on youtube. His conclusion is that they are his favorite Theiaudio IEMS.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #4,095 of 4,754
My only other thing I noticed is that the treble is "splashier" than the Mests too. The Mests have crisper and more defined treble snap. I'm really just talking about cymbal strikes, etc. However, it's just the way the treble is tuned on the Prestige's. However, the Mests could be fatiguing on certain tracks, like the new Megadeth record which is very treble based. I don't have any of that with the Prestige's. Just my 2 cents. I'm curious to see some actual reviews come out. The only real "review" is bad guy good audio reviews on youtube. His conclusion is that they are his favorite Theiaudio IEMS.
Damn.. seems like they aren't for me. Im used to the Monarch Mk2 detail and texture which i find even better than on both Mests. And the Monarchs 2 naturalness of timbre and the vocals presentation is beyond any iem I've heard so far. Will be probably grabbing a used Mest 2 for more fun listen, to compliment my Monarchs 2 perfection hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back