ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 8, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #3,857 of 4,753
I just bought the Monarch Mk2 and I am eagerly awaiting its shipment.
I’m a big fan of the AKG N5005 (though it seems to be a divisive IEM), and this was definitely an impulse buy, but I’m looking forward to it.
Anyone find a better cable pairing than stock for the Mk2?

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #3,858 of 4,753
Anyone find a better cable pairing than stock for the Mk2?
After I switch to custom tips, I prefer Eletech Prudence :thumbsup:since then I used to have Ego Audio Coctail.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #3,859 of 4,753
After I switch to custom tips, I prefer Eletech Prudence :thumbsup:since then I used to have Ego Audio Coctail.
Interesting- I have Eletech Project 8 Fortitude- right now it is paired with U12T— I will try that with M-Mk2 . I also have Socrates, and they are releasing Project 8 Socrates later this year. I will use that for Legend X but may try the Socrates with M-Mk2 also.

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #3,861 of 4,753
I can’t get the oracles to fit in my ear, so I’ve put them up for sale, but I’d rather keep them if I can find a way to make them fit?

Aug 21, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,862 of 4,753
I can’t get the oracles to fit in my ear, so I’ve put them up for sale, but I’d rather keep them if I can find a way to make them fit?
May be try tip rolling? I have Monarch OG, and it is probably bigger than Oracles, but it fits like a CIEM.

Aug 22, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #3,863 of 4,753
Do they literally not fit in your outer ear or something else? It took me weeks to find tips that made the Clairvoyance useable for me due to pressure from insertion. Spinfit CP360s ended up working but still have issues with pressure every so often.

But, if your issue is the shells are just too large to fit,… you’re out of luck. If you aren’t sure try taking the tips off and seeing if the shell size is still an issue (I’m assuming it probably isn’t since you think there might be a way to make them work). If shell size and nozzle angle aren’t the problem you will be able to get them to work with the right tips (softer and shorter the better, at least for me).

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #3,865 of 4,753
I had to play a bit with Oracle insertion. Rather shallow insertion with larger tips did the trick to omit the pressure from application.
The best fit I got with biflange Spinfit, but due to small inner diameter something wrong happened with trebles. Similarly with Final tips.
I switched to CP145 and it's ok. However I would like slightly more isolation.

Does anybody knows a suitable hybrid tips like the FInal ones, but with larger inner diameter, similar to stock tips or CP145?

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #3,866 of 4,753
Personally I found shorter tips work best for Clairvoyance rather than longer ones like CP145 (which I have tried). Obviously that could just be me. As Ive said I’ve been using CP360 for quite a while but Ive been wanting to get some CP1025s as they are shorter. For me the shallower the better as there’s less pressure build up.

But it took me a good month to (most of which spent waiting for assortments of tips to arrive) to find tips that worked with them. I’m pretty much just rewording everything I said 2 posts ago and it sounds like you’re on the right track anyway. Just reiterating that the flimsier/softer the tips the better (not just personal preference) and shorter the better (could just be personal preference but I’m not sure it is, given that pressure build up is the main issue here).

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #3,867 of 4,753
Any comments regarding Oracle vs Moondrop Variations? Thanks
Just going off graphs and reviews the Variations should be much “thinner” sounding than the Oracles. headphones.com had some good reviews (precog’s) of Variations and crinacle reviewed both on his website “$500 true-bread shootout” or something to that extent. Both sound like they are well worth the price, just the Variations is more of a “thin” tuning and Oracle more “full”.

If you are buying blind get them from somewhere with a very good return policy. The Oracles have MASSIVE shells (fit perfectly for me with not much more than a millimeter to spare) and the Moondrop’s are known for very wide nozzles.

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,868 of 4,753
Just going off graphs and reviews the Variations should be much “thinner” sounding than the Oracles. headphones.com had some good reviews (precog’s) of Variations and crinacle reviewed both on his website “$500 true-bread shootout” or something to that extent. Both sound like they are well worth the price, just the Variations is more of a “thin” tuning and Oracle more “full”.

If you are buying blind get them from somewhere with a very good return policy. The Oracles have MASSIVE shells (fit perfectly for me with not much more than a millimeter to spare) and the Moondrop’s are known for very wide nozzles.
I noticed the tribrids are pretty big. Both Oracles and Variations are too right? Even the SQ is good but it's not comfy, it's not what I would expect.

Aug 24, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #3,869 of 4,753
Personally I found shorter tips work best for Clairvoyance rather than longer ones like CP145 (which I have tried). Obviously that could just be me. As Ive said I’ve been using CP360 for quite a while but Ive been wanting to get some CP1025s as they are shorter. For me the shallower the better as there’s less pressure build up.

But it took me a good month to (most of which spent waiting for assortments of tips to arrive) to find tips that worked with them. I’m pretty much just rewording everything I said 2 posts ago and it sounds like you’re on the right track anyway. Just reiterating that the flimsier/softer the tips the better (not just personal preference) and shorter the better (could just be personal preference but I’m not sure it is, given that pressure build up is the main issue here).
Also suggest AzlaSedna - either Earfit light short OR the Xelastics. While a bit stickier to start with, the Xelastics will soften up and conform to the shape of your inner concha around the external canal opening. I find they work best when they totally cover the opening (not deeply inserted). I have Monarch Mk2 and find I stil get plenty of bass impact but more balanced sound, better detail retrieval/soundstage with the Xelastics than the Earfit Light Shorts or the Spinfits (all of which I also have tried). I hear you though- tip rolling is part of being an audiophile. At least it’s cheaper than cable rolling (which can bankrupt you of you’re not careful).

Sep 16, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #3,870 of 4,753
Oracle mk2 inbound!

oracle2.jpg

$589, link was apparently live this AM and now dead.

Edit: https://www.linsoul.com/products/thieaudio-oracle-mkii

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back