ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 16, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #3,871 of 4,771
That’ll be interesting. That’s not much of a price difference, will be interesting what they changed. The original almost made me regret getting the Clairvoyance, would be nice if it was a decent upgrade but it should be given that the Oracles were, by all accounts, not much of a downgrade (if at all).

Oh, and they look a lot better than the OG.

Sep 17, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #3,873 of 4,771
Oracle w the Hulk Pro cable and RU6 is god- tier

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #3,875 of 4,771
Folks mined up some more Oracle mk2 images via wayback machine, looks great!

1663534849092.png

1663534876758.png

1663534899890.png

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #3,876 of 4,771
Whole cached preview site is available at https://web.archive.org/web/2022091...-thieaudio-oracle-mkii?variant=43345821499609

2 Color variants, Black Scarlet and Tiger, 2.5/3.5/4.4 modular cable, $589 USD

Some highlights:

The soul of the Oracle is monitor-capability. The Oracle MKII stays faithful to this foundation by retaining its near ruler-flat midrange in the 200Hz~1kHz frequency region. Most in-ear monitors add color to the sound by failing to properly crossover the bass and mid-treble drivers, resulting in a bloated and muddy midrange.

This fault is corrected in the Oracle MKII by implementing a mathematically calculated and electrically engineered crossover solution that precisely cuts the dynamic driver off right as the balanced armature starts. The mids of the Oracle MKII are powered by the same dual Knowles balanced armature drivers featured in the Monarch MKII. By delivering an uncolored and neutral midrange, your music will finally sound as the studio engineers intended it to. And for the studio engineers themselves, the Oracle MKII is among the very very few IEM’s that will tonally mimic your studio monitors.

Improved Ergonomics

Intended for long sessions on the stage and in the studio, the physical size of the Oracle MKII has been reduced for a more comfortable and secure fit inside the ears. Constructed from imported medical-grade UV resin, the Oracle MKII is durable, comfortable, and free of allergens or irritants.

1663535364948.png

1663535380877.png

1663535433027.png

Sep 18, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #3,878 of 4,771
Given that Thieaudio pretty much has tuning sound tubes down to a science (which it literally is, or should be) it’d be nice to see them try their hand(s) at tubeless. Granted the science involved with acoustic chambers makes sound tubes look like child’s play but,… it’d be game changing if IEM companies started messing around with dispersion. Let alone learning what that is and why it matters. I.e. the difference between something with a pin-hole sound stage and a CA Andromeda.

Btw, the Oracle MKII looks very, very promising. I’m still hoping it’ll be a solid upgrade over the Clairvoyance. Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,881 of 4,771
Dispersion as a desireable quality seems very suspect to me, but thankfully 64A have you covered already there with TIA.
I should have stated that my terminology might not be completely accurate. But I’m fairly certain it is; as in home speakers with a steep waveguard v. quite shallow. However,… no one’s done a whole lot of proper research into too much of anything as it relates to IEMs so arguing/discussing this would probably be pointless without someone trying to put it into practice (which is beyond my abilities).

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,882 of 4,771
I should have stated that my terminology might not be completely accurate. But I’m fairly certain it is; as in home speakers with a steep waveguard v. quite shallow. However,… no one’s done a whole lot of proper research into too much of anything as it relates to IEMs so arguing/discussing this would probably be pointless without someone trying to put it into practice (which is beyond my abilities).
No argument here, it's not a mysterious field. Higher frequency electronics (not audio, 1000s of times higher frequency) are inherently full wave designs and avoiding dispersive loss is fundamental to signal integrity.

The theoretical advantage of losing tubes isn't adding dispersion, it's avoiding tube resonances (at the cost of introducing lower frequency cavity resonances). I don't find them to be particularly a problem myself, but YMMV and as noted 64audio is pretty agressive on this marketting angle with their TIA models - you should check 'em out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back