ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Mar 6, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #3,751 of 4,753
Was about to pull the trigger on Monarch MKII, then I saw this....

What happens if the parcel has been shipped but not delivered?​

1. First, kindly contact your local courier using the local tracking number.
    If your parcel were to be in transit for at least 3 months, it may have been lost in transit.
    For orders below $50USD, you may either opt for a one-time reshipment of parcel OR a full refund of the amount paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card.
    For orders above $50USD, we will only process a 50% refund of your order paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card. Should there be any concern about Standard Shipping, you are encouraged to opt for DHL Express Shipping instead.

what-confused.gif

Now I am looking for something with the same price/performance with a 3 year warranty, because I can't find a dealer with Monarch MKII stock that is within the USA.

Anyone know dealers with Monarch MKII Stock actually in the USA, I am not even sure they are allowed enforce terms like this within the USA... Not to mention shipping-insurance solved this problem quite a long time ago...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,752 of 4,753
Was about to pull the trigger on Monarch MKII, then I saw this....

What happens if the parcel has been shipped but not delivered?​

1. First, kindly contact your local courier using the local tracking number.
    If your parcel were to be in transit for at least 3 months, it may have been lost in transit.
    For orders below $50USD, you may either opt for a one-time reshipment of parcel OR a full refund of the amount paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card.
    For orders above $50USD, we will only process a 50% refund of your order paid in cash via PayPal/Credit/Debit card. Should there be any concern about Standard Shipping, you are encouraged to opt for DHL Express Shipping instead.

what-confused.gif

Now I am looking for something with the same price/performance with a 3 year warranty, because I can't find a dealer with Monarch MKII stock that is within the USA.

Anyone know dealers with Monarch MKII Stock actually in the USA, I am not even sure they are allowed enforce terms like this within the USA... Not to mention shipping-insurance solved this problem quite a long time ago...
I ordered from Linsoul and received without issue in usa. Headphones.com is us based and they sell monarch 2 I believe

Mar 7, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #3,754 of 4,753
Anyone know dealers with Monarch MKII Stock actually in the USA
We just got in some very limited stock at Headphones.com! Arrived this afternoon. After pre-orders have shipped, we'll have a couple units leftover.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,755 of 4,753
I just finished product review long due for Amazon, for my $59 KZ AS10 purchased long time ago. I would like to share it right here.

I bought this IEM as my first Chifi IEM and the first venture into audiophile world. However, I quickly upgraded to Audiosense T800, Thieaudio Monarch, and UM Mest Mk2, which is $1500 range. I also bought my first and second DAC/AMP, with full-size Sundara, HE6SE (used to retail for $1800).

In the end my KZ AS10 ends up as a monitor IEM for my audio interface in my Zoom meeting or content creation, purely for voice only listening.

Today, when I went back to my office after more than 2 years. I brought my KZ AS10 to work on my Macbook Pro and use it to listening to music after many, many years.

Guess what, I am truely shocked by how good it is! I am starting to wonder why I spent thousands of dollar to chase my endgame IEM or headphone and only to find a $59 IEM is almost as good?

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #3,756 of 4,753
Started a new journey of tip-rolling for Monarch MkII. My issue: I have large conchas but small ear canal (external meatus) openings, which are asymmetric (smaller) and oddly shaped on the left. So generally deep insertion of tips is either impractical or painful. Foams are pretty dang uncomfortable, though the smallest size NewBee Foams do ...OK... and provide a pretty good/deep fit (if still not very comfy). Large ones seal well but are too uncomfortable to tolerate for long. Forget the Comply Foams altogether.

Moving on to silicone, I found the Spinfit CP140s (L) to fit ALMOST perfectly, but after a short while of using them, the seal tends to get looser, eventually I can't keep them sealed. Azla Sedna Earfits full length L size great too initially but same problem- seal would not stay in place. Azla Xelastics (L) do better because they are sticky and stay in place better (though outside the meatus), but after a while the 'sticky' starts to rub off and...then I have the same problem. Today I received XL size SpinFit CP 100+ and they seem to stay in place better, for now- we'll see if they stay that way. I also ordered a pair of the Spinfit CP240s (L) too, which have a double flange (my last one to try) if the XL100+'s start to get loose.

I read somewhere that the Xelastics can recover their shape and stickiness if they are briefly immersed in nearly boiling water (sans the IEMs!). Does this work with other silicones too?

Anyone else with "small/odd shaped external ear canal holes but bigger conchas" figure out the tip issue?

BTW, I found with one other pair of IEMs (the Final A4000s) that once I found the right tips for them (in fact the Azla Sedna Earfits full length L size) they fit like a glove, the bass opened up and the angels began to sing in the heavens around me. Until then, I could never get a good seal or appreciate that the 4000s had the capacity to have good bass impact, or pretty good treble detail (which they do, now). So I know it can happen...

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #3,758 of 4,753
I have a pair of Monarch MKII iems preordered (should be arriving sometime next week). This will be my first foray into kilobuck IEM territory (was a headphone guy, with Hifiman Arya v1 & Acoustune HS1650CU the highest end headphones & IEM that I previously owned. Eventually sold both of them for a pair of budget speakers. Now my work requires me to travel often, so im going back to IEM).

As a treble sensitive guy (I found the Arya v1 to be slightly too bright for my preference without EQ, Acoustune HS1650cu addicitive bass but a bit too V-shape for my liking with treble can be a bit zingy but not by much.), what would be the recommended eartips for Monarch MKII? Looking for something that can maybe boost the bass a little bit and reduce the treble sparkles.

I also bought a Cayin RU6 specifically to pair with Monarch MKII because reviews claiming it to have a more analog sound (less emphasis on the treble).

Yes, blind purchases. Unfortunately thats the price I have to pay for living at a place without any head-fi shops nearby. :/

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #3,759 of 4,753
I just finished product review long due for Amazon, for my $59 KZ AS10 purchased long time ago. I would like to share it right here.

I bought this IEM as my first Chifi IEM and the first venture into audiophile world. However, I quickly upgraded to Audiosense T800, Thieaudio Monarch, and UM Mest Mk2, which is $1500 range. I also bought my first and second DAC/AMP, with full-size Sundara, HE6SE (used to retail for $1800).

In the end my KZ AS10 ends up as a monitor IEM for my audio interface in my Zoom meeting or content creation, purely for voice only listening.

Today, when I went back to my office after more than 2 years. I brought my KZ AS10 to work on my Macbook Pro and use it to listening to music after many, many years.

Guess what, I am truely shocked by how good it is! I am starting to wonder why I spent thousands of dollar to chase my endgame IEM or headphone and only to find a $59 IEM is almost as good?

I have a similar experience with the Blon Bl03. I really like them. I like how they do soundstage, instrument separation, tonality, timber, bass, mids, soft treble... When I compare them with the Clairvoyance, I can see the technical differences, but I really wonder if I enjoy more music with one or with the other.

Nowadays I am tempted about the Sony Z1R... when that happens, I use the Campfire Cascades, the Thieaudio Clairvoyance or even the Blon Bl03, and the willing to purchase something new disapears, because I realize that I really don't need new gear to enjoy music, I just need to find the right music for every moment.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #3,760 of 4,753
I have a similar experience with the Blon Bl03. I really like them. I like how they do soundstage, instrument separation, tonality, timber, bass, mids, soft treble... When I compare them with the Clairvoyance, I can see the technical differences, but I really wonder if I enjoy more music with one or the other.

Nowadays I am tempted on the Sony Z1R... when that happens, I use the Campfire Cascades, the Thieaudio Clairvoyance or even the Blon Bl03, and I the willing to purchase something new disapears, because I really don't need mre gear to enjoy music, I just need to find the right music for every moment.
Well spoken and a good thought for us all (having just spent >$1000 on the Monarch II - they are v. good- but…) there comes a point when you need to stop. Only you can decide when that is.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #3,761 of 4,753
Ahh… actually you may seriously want to invest in the jitterbug specifically. I was also using the iSilencer for the longest time, but when I switched to the jitterbug, the MKII came alive! No joke. The iSilencer is good and all but compared to the jitterbug, it mutes the sound a lot more and takes away from the impact and edginess. Jitterbug enhances all that. So there is a stark difference between the two in my opinion with the MKII.
Mojo 2 or gryphon for mkii?

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #3,762 of 4,753
Agree- for the Monarch MkII, I liked the stock cable and haven’t removed it nor plan to. I think for a lot of IEMs the 2 pin connection gets loose if you start rolling the cable too much. I am glad IEM makers are starting to wise up and include better stock cables with exchangeable modules (3.5 mm or 2.5 mm or 4.4 mm) like MkII. Of course, if one thinks higher-end cables substantially change the sound, for the better, one might think it’s worth the risk. Not me.
That's the chifi brands. I've never had a 2pin iem even dream of disconnecting on 64 audio iems. Love chifi but they do have some serious quality control issues.

Mar 16, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #3,763 of 4,753
That's the chifi brands. I've never had a 2pin iem even dream of disconnecting on 64 audio iems. Love chifi but they do have some serious quality control issues.
I've had a 64 Audio two pin come loose. Their customer service is amazing though and they took care of it.
I don't think it's fair to assume that all Chinese manufacturers have quality control issues. Some clearly do, but many are producing products that are as well made as most top tier brands. I come from a manufacturing background and have seen more high tech manufacturing facilities in China than I have in the USA.

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #3,764 of 4,753
I've had a 64 Audio two pin come loose. Their customer service is amazing though and they took care of it.
I don't think it's fair to assume that all Chinese manufacturers have quality control issues. Some clearly do, but many are producing products that are as well made as most top tier brands. I come from a manufacturing background and have seen more high tech manufacturing facilities in China than I have in the USA.
In Audio quality, chifi is totally winning with value to performance imho.

Not all chifi, and not just chifi but other brands as well.

I'm saying we'll built iem like 64 audio are built extremely well. Maybe the best, or definitely one of the best.

Moreover, when a 2pin cable is built correctly, there's less quality issues.

By the way, which chifi brands have 64 audio level quality?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #3,765 of 4,753
In Audio quality, chifi is totally winning with value to performance imho.

Not all chifi, and not just chifi but other brands as well.

I'm saying we'll built iem like 64 audio are built extremely well. Maybe the best, or definitely one of the best. Moreover, when a 2pin cable is built correctly, there's less quality issues.
I agree with all of this.
One thing I will add about two pin connectors is the design, in my humble opinion, is flawed. I actually conducted a test with a number of different two pin connectors where I did 50 insert and remove cycles. The female side
of a two pin connector in every case is a piece of metal that has been formed to be either circular or triangular. Tolerances are so critical because if the pins are too large in diameter, they will expand the female side and eventually the connection gets too loose. If the pin diameter is too small to begin with, the connection starts out loose. My test concluded that there wasn't one manufacturer who consistently made a two pin connector that could withstand a high duty cycle of insertions and pulls.
Another fail point on two pin connectors is the solder tab. IEM's with small shells and lots of drivers/components often don't have a lot of room for a two pin with a large solder tab so makers either cut the tabs short or pre-bend them. What happens is when a user continuously connects/disconnects a cable, it strains the female side of the connector and eventually cracks the solder tab. I've seen this happen.
Ultimately I think there needs to be a better universal connecting system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back