ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 25, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #3,721 of 4,758
Does anyone know what brand of foam tips are the stock ones for Monarch Mk2? Just when I had settled down long-term with my Spin-fit CP145 L tips for the Mk2s, i thought I’d give the stock foams a try and I =really= like them. They are quite firm so don’t go deep inside the ear canal but the large ones give a good seal, and I am picking up more bass and treble extension than with the Spin-fits (silicone). They are quite comfortable as foam tips go. Moreover, the medium ones fit on the UM 3DTs and also seal well- in fact better than any I’ve tried with that set, for which they REALLY open up the treble detail. I’d like to order another set of these tips, if I can learn more about them.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #3,722 of 4,758
I'm wondering this very same question as well. I actually asked Deng about the stock tips for the MKII and he informed me that they do not sell them separately. However, he said he would get back to me to see if they can sell me some. I hope I can cos they're pretty awesome!
Did deng ever get back about this? I am curious about them too. They have a stiffness but make mk2 actually fit for me better than any other tips I’ve tried.

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #3,723 of 4,758
Did deng ever get back about this? I am curious about them too. They have a stiffness but make mk2 actually fit for me better than any other tips I’ve tried.
Actually yes he did. He informed me that they're planning to sell the silicone tips separately as an add on option with the Monarch mkII on their site. So I believe it should be selectable from the drop down menu. He said it would be available later this week or maybe next.

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #3,724 of 4,758
I've been really enjoying Final E tips with the MKII.

Feb 1, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #3,725 of 4,758
Does anyone know what brand of foam tips are the stock ones for Monarch Mk2? Just when I had settled down long-term with my Spin-fit CP145 L tips for the Mk2s, i thought I’d give the stock foams a try and I =really= like them. They are quite firm so don’t go deep inside the ear canal but the large ones give a good seal, and I am picking up more bass and treble extension than with the Spin-fits (silicone). They are quite comfortable as foam tips go. Moreover, the medium ones fit on the UM 3DTs and also seal well- in fact better than any I’ve tried with that set, for which they REALLY open up the treble detail. I’d like to order another set of these tips, if I can learn more about them.
Personally I find Comply Foam Sport tips to be the very best especially if you've struggled with silicone tips slipping after extended use.

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #3,726 of 4,758
Actually yes he did. He informed me that they're planning to sell the silicone tips separately as an add on option with the Monarch mkII on their site. So I believe it should be selectable from the drop down menu. He said it would be available later this week or maybe next.
Sounds like he is not planning to advertise/sell the stock FOAM tips, which is what I’m seeking. I did not find the stock silicone tips helpful.

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #3,727 of 4,758
Ok, yeah, I'm not going to sugar coat it. You will not get the same rumble out of that song with the Anole VX. At comfortable listening volumes the Anole gets maybe 80% of the way there WITH the bass boost switch flipped on. But after cranking the volume up with the Monarch it feels as if you have your head against the floor near a subwoofer and then the Anole gets MAYBE 70% of the rumble power (again, with the bass boost). Without the bass boost switch on there is no comparison.

So now I definitely see why the Monarch is king of sub-bass. Neat song! Thanks for introducing it to me! Would also be super cool for someone to use that song to compare the original vs the MKII.

Edit: on a side note, have you looked into the U12t? It's supposed to have the best sub-bass for an all-BA set. I may have one coming in soon and so would be cool to use this song to compare against.
stumbled upon this doing research if the Anole really had THAT much better technical performance vs the other 2 crin named as having best technical performance(qdc 8SL/Gemini/Anole VX) saw someone post even between these 2 models the Anole was vastly superior, then I saw the FR response and said ew to the boosted upper mids...

So are you talking about the OG monarch or MKII here? I saw the OG had more sub-bass and considering to me that is better tuning, not worse, I would prefer to get it over the MKII since it seems like they have the same technical performance otherwise and save $300 and get the IEM I want more, fingers crossed this is talking about the OG monarch being the king of sub-bass, let me knoooooo

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #3,728 of 4,758
stumbled upon this doing research if the Anole really had THAT much better technical performance vs the other 2 crin named as having best technical performance(qdc 8SL/Gemini/Anole VX) saw someone post even between these 2 models the Anole was vastly superior, then I saw the FR response and said ew to the boosted upper mids...

So are you talking about the OG monarch or MKII here? I saw the OG had more sub-bass and considering to me that is better tuning, not worse, I would prefer to get it over the MKII since it seems like they have the same technical performance otherwise and save $300 and get the IEM I want more, fingers crossed this is talking about the OG monarch being the king of sub-bass, let me knoooooo
Forget about Monarch OG. True it has a little bit more sub bass rumble than the MKII, But Monarch MKII is the one u want to go with. Hands down. With a little bit of EQ and/or bass boost, MKII crushes Monarch OG in every way imaginable. Even in sub bass. Trust me. I have both and heard them side by side.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,729 of 4,758
Aren't the stock foam tips just the Tripowin Spiral Groove?

Feb 6, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #3,730 of 4,758
Feb 7, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #3,731 of 4,758
Excited to share that I am joining the Thieaudio fan club, just received the Monarch Mk2 today! Initial impressions coming from Moondrop Variations is incredibly smooth and holographic across the board using 4.4m thru the xdsd gryphon (feels like its going to be a great pairing). One of few times I was surprised on first listen. Also was concerned about the fit since the moondrops just couldn't get comfortable in my canal but so far these seem to cause less fatigue. Going to let them burn in for a few hours and will report back some findings afterwards.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #3,732 of 4,758
Forget about Monarch OG. True it has a little bit more sub bass rumble than the MKII, But Monarch MKII is the one u want to go with. Hands down. With a little bit of EQ and/or bass boost, MKII crushes Monarch OG in every way imaginable. Even in sub bass. Trust me. I have both and heard them side by side.
Monarch Mk2 vs UM Mest Mk2, which one do you think is a better choice?

Feb 9, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #3,734 of 4,758
Feb 9, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #3,735 of 4,758
Monarch Mk2 vs UM Mest Mk2, which one do you think is a better choice?
I can’t really speak to the Mest Mk2 cos I’ve never heard it. But what I can say is that the Monarch Mk2 is tuned so ridiculously well that it sounds like a single driver. Also if you want to EQ, it responds very well to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back