ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 9, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #2,056 of 4,778
I’m in love with my Monarch. Hope it’s not the honeymoon period. Out of the box, male vocals used to be a bit behind female, in terms of volume and authority. After 50 hours burn-in period the male vocals sound just fine, and rap music finally sounds how it should. Best tips for me are the Sony tips included with XBA-N3. Not too much of sub-bass, and the vocals just shine.
I'm mainly listening to stoner, psychrock, spacerock, psychedelic doom and the likes. Idon't know if it's going to fit for this genre but I can use it for electronic music.
Is there an IEM that will fit perfectly for this type of music and provide a huge soundstage.
Please note that in doom/stoner there are massive bass guitars and the rythm guitars are mostly played with the bridge pickup with the tone knob to 0 therefore they sound muffled and heavy with a shitload of fuzz pedals.
To be honest |I test all my IEMs with My Dying Bride - Bring me victory and none of them seems able to make the backroung guitar soloing behind the vocals. It's either a very bad mastering or I am thinking that I heard it clear before but I don't know how. :frowning2:

May 9, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,057 of 4,778
I'm mainly listening to stoner, psychrock, spacerock, psychedelic doom and the likes. Idon't know if it's going to fit for this genre but I can use it for electronic music.
Is there an IEM that will fit perfectly for this type of music and provide a huge soundstage.
Please note that in doom/stoner there are massive bass guitars and the rythm guitars are mostly played with the bridge pickup with the tone knob to 0 therefore they sound muffled and heavy with a shitload of fuzz pedals.
To be honest |I test all my IEMs with My Dying Bride - Bring me victory and none of them seems able to make the backroung guitar soloing behind the vocals. It's either a very bad mastering or I am thinking that I heard it clear before but I don't know how. :frowning2:
You have a nice collection of IEMs. I listened to My Dying Bride - Bring Me Victory on the Monarch and Andro 2020. Monarch separates the background guitar from the male voice better, but the soundstage still doesn’t match HD800. You might want to check out Odin, from my memory the instrument separation, details and soundstage are out of this world (compared to other IEMs I have heard). For a price though…

May 9, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #2,058 of 4,778
You have a nice collection of IEMs. I listened to My Dying Bride - Bring Me Victory on the Monarch and Andro 2020. Monarch separates the background guitar from the male voice better, but the soundstage still doesn’t match HD800. You might want to check out Odin, from my memory the instrument separation, details and soundstage are out of this world (compared to other IEMs I have heard). For a price though…
Will have to sell everything to get the Odin :wink:
Could it be also DAP dependable?

May 9, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,059 of 4,778
On bring me victory, i mean the soloing guitar, not the rythm guitar.
The soloing guitar is getting cut by the rythm one.
On here exactly:
My mind a fractured ruin
The crushing of my soul
It is time to spread my wings
To fill this empty hope
It has now begun
The force fed sun beneath
Will conquer all before
And bring me to my victory

Maybe it's the recording.
I have HD650 not HD800 :wink:

May 9, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #2,063 of 4,778
Damn, I just tried DX228 with AAW W900 and PW Audio 1960s and yes! It separates it!
Anyhow, hopefully the Monarch will be here soon to test.
Was really curious about that track, and for what’s it worth - the Mest Mk2 also separates it nicely, and makes the solo guitar and the rhythm guitar distinctly distinguishable in that passage.
The vocal and guitar in the beginning of the track are also separated enough to imagine a stage.
Perhaps a slightly more affordable Odin alternative 😅😈

May 9, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #2,064 of 4,778
Was really curious about that track, and for what’s it worth - the Mest Mk2 also separates it nicely, and makes the solo guitar and the rhythm guitar distinctly distinguishable in that passage.
The vocal and guitar in the beginning of the track are also separated enough to imagine a stage.
Perhaps a slightly more affordable Odin alternative 😅😈
To be honest it's one of the tracks that sounds pretty congested with many IEMs.
I always test that track with every IEM I get.
It's kind of a benchmark for me.

May 9, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #2,065 of 4,778
Will have to sell everything to get the Odin :wink:
Could it be also DAP dependable?
I own and Odin. It sounds great with everything I pair it with. However, I have heard others report that their listening experience is diminished with lower tier sources. I do not find that to be the case.

May 9, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,068 of 4,778
Been trying the Mest mkII, and the soundstage is closer thany anything else to the Odin. Obviously a bit less deep bass than Monarch and more prominent mids. The Mest highs are more resolving than Monarch, which is better than Andromeda. But Odin remains king.
Just curious, what source are you using? Monarch seems to be very source dependant in my opinion. I found that it sounds good with my budget friendly DACs (I.e. Qudelix 5K, DC04), but it really comes to life with something like the ifi micro iDSD Signature. Everything from soundstage to more pronounced mids to better detail retrieval... all sounded dramatically improved to my ears.

May 10, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #2,069 of 4,778
Just curious, what source are you using? Monarch seems to be very source dependant in my opinion. I found that it sounds good with my budget friendly DACs (I.e. Qudelix 5K, DC04), but it really comes to life with something like the ifi micro iDSD Signature. Everything from soundstage to more pronounced mids to better detail retrieval... all sounded dramatically improved to my ears.
I have a Gustard H10 which is a beast and I thought would be overkill for IEMs, but no hiss and works well. Also have a Topping Dx7s and E1DA 9038D.

The Monarch is not hard to drive at all, although my Nio is easier, and the Mest mkII needs extra grunt. My impression these days is that amps are a solved problem and not an issue anymore. You also dont have to spend very much to get good results.

May 10, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #2,070 of 4,778
BGGAR has now put up an Excalibur video.

Edit: After watching it though he doesn't add a lot from last time. His opinion is the Oracle is better for his music library. He notes that he prefers the way that The Oracle and The Clairvoyance deals with the Mid Bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back