ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 8, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #1,201 of 4,771
😄Not apologizing infact, thought I was confusing you again. ☺
Uuugh! Stop confusing me !!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Welp. You won't be able to confuse me from the day after tomorrow: holidays are over, and I'll be back to the usual, concentrated shity biz ! =)
Beoplay H95 while travelling back despite the Monarch. Comfort over DEE-TAIL.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #1,202 of 4,771
Good stuff. His personal comparison at the end kind of reminded me of my reasoning to go for the Clairvoyance. When I ordered it, there was a bit more "enthusiastic praise" for the Monarch in general. And in the past months, I'd say there's been a lot more of that towards Monarch.

In 2020 and going forward, I've been having a majorly renewed interest in exploring new music and expanding my taste in music. And by "new music" I mean new for me, or stuff that I have sort of ignored previously. What it means in practice is that since autumn I have been listening mostly to late 60s and 70s music, particularly psychedelic rock, funk, soul, African music from the 70s etc. A lot of Prince, and then it kind of fuses to my long-time preferences as well in 90s Goa/house/rave/trance and ambient/psybient and stuff like britpop, Depeche Mode, Vangelis and early Pink Floyd.

Like here's a shortlist of bands/artists that I have sort of "found" in the past few months and listened a lot lately (obviously knowing many of these by name but not given a proper listen):
ELO, Traffic, George Harrison, Gong, Future sound of London, Dr. John, Kourosh Yaghmaei, Dur-Dur band, Gil Scott-Heron, Mike Oldfield, Elton John (well I just started with Captain Fantastic), Curtis Mayfield, Ramases, Gandalf, Fela Kuti, Kendrick Lamar, Jeff Buckley, Loreena McKennitt, and frankly even the great Beatles albums since 1965. And many more of course.

But thing is, I have no idea how much of this is an actual effect of Clairvoyance and how much would I have drifted to this direction with other IEMs (I haven't really listened to other IEMs since getting Clairvoyance). Or how much the effect of the excellent Cayin N3Pro. I just listen to a lot of music and Clairvoyance is an excellent facilitator for stuff in the 1965-late 90s range in particular, and works well with male and female vocals.

Of course, I do also listen to stuff made in this century, but it doesn't seem to be the focus for me at this point. There's just so much good stuff that was made particularly in 1967-1975 that those records along with electronic music of the 90s is enough to fill a lifetime.

These ramblings were partly to give my account to the Clairvoyance vs. Monarch issue. Which is a pretty tough choice for many I think, and most of us can't even try both of them. So I have no idea how much I would enjoy Monarch. Probably it would steer my listening habits to a partly different direction? I suppose if Thieaudio would come up with "2nd generation twins", I would probably buy the Monarch equivalent to facilitate discoveries in recently recorded music´, and integrate that to my other preferences.

That's a great music journey.

I started with headphones one year ago and IEMS with the Clairs. Since then I have discovered new music that probably I shouldn't try with my previous gear...

Are you using the N3 with Tidal? Where are you getting your music?

I am still using Spotify, and I don't know if that's putting a cap on sound quality.

In any case, all of this, talking about headphones, is because of the music, and it is amazing where we are now with the streaming services, we can discover new music so easily :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,203 of 4,771

I started with headphones one year ago and IEMS with the Clairs. Since then I have discovered new music that probably I shouldn't try with my previous gear...

I am still using Spotify, and I don't know if that's putting a cap on sound quality.

In any case, all of this, talking about headphones, is because of the music, and it is amazing where we are now with the streaming services, we can discover new music so easily :)
I will say, not super sure on IEMs, but on my ZMF Auteur and VC I notice a huge difference between Spotify and Tidal. I have tested it pretty extensively in my car that has a nice system but never notice enough to care. Will check back once my Clairvoyance come in if it makes as much of a difference as it does on my ZMFs

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #1,204 of 4,771
Any recommended eartip for monarch? Mine pops out everytime i took it out of my ear

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #1,205 of 4,771
Jan 9, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #1,206 of 4,771
Uuugh! Stop confusing me !!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Welp. You won't be able to confuse me from the day after tomorrow: holidays are over, and I'll be back to the usual, concentrated shity biz ! =)
Beoplay H95 while travelling back despite the Monarch. Comfort over DEE-TAIL.
ok ok🤣What biz? Show biz?😄Good pointers on 20 Ohm adapter, in your humble opinion is it worth getting it afterall?

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:02 AM Post #1,207 of 4,771

I have FLACs for all my relevant albums, and I prefer the album format (along with DJ sets for electronic music). I don't use Tidal or Spotify, I do use Soundcloud with my Ibasso DAP but I haven't even tried the bluetooth receiver in Cayin N3Pro since frankly I prefer the old-school methods :D (at least with that DAP since it has that kind of character).
And yes I do agree that there's such a great wealth of music available to everyone encompassing many decades of great music that whichever way works best for a person is just fine :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #1,208 of 4,771
Any recommended eartip for monarch? Mine pops out everytime i took it out of my ear
Soundwise, I've always loved the stock silicone tips, although I'm sure there're some more comfortable ones around.
And yes... I had to fish 'em out of my ears a couple of times after they slipped off the nozzles.
Up until @IEMusic gave me this precious advice: just apply some bandage tape around the metal nozzles. That'll make the nozzle thicker and sticky, giving the inner part of the tips more pressure and grip. Worked a treat. =)
ok ok🤣What biz? Show biz?😄Good pointers on 20 Ohm adapter, in your humble opinion is it worth getting it afterall?
Lol, no... Not anymore at least. :zipper_mouth: Some more boring marketing biz.
My HiBy adapter came along with heavy duty taxes... Was a blood bath, but worth it after all, to thicken up the Monarch's rather sterile character in rock music. I'd say, if you can have it cheap, get it for the Clairvoyance as well, although I still think they don't really need it.
I have FLACs for all my relevant albums, and I prefer the album format (along with DJ sets for electronic music). I don't use Tidal or Spotify, I do use Soundcloud with my Ibasso DAP
Ha. That's me. Or is it you? I'm confused. @slex has no fault this time, I think! =))
Streams just slip through your fingers... Us elderlies need to "touch" their digital files!

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #1,211 of 4,771
I second this, I just got a pair delivered a couple days ago. The comfort is way better with these and the isolation is great.
I was told by Azla Support to use wet tissue to clean the Xelestec regularly as it tense to attract dirt.

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,212 of 4,771
But don’t they end up changing the frequency response, one of the outstanding Monarch traits? Can anyone say how it changed?
Kinda dry sounding to me but it's good for outdoors.

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #1,214 of 4,771
So out of all the iems ive tried, the Clair is the winner for bassheads.. odd as that sounds. Some EQ some power and these things will rip your eardrums right out of your head.. while still having clarity in all other frequencies.

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #1,215 of 4,771
I pulled the trigger on a Monarch and wow I think I will have to start selling other IEMs in my collection :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back