ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 24, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #1,112 of 4,753
😔 but thanks for the quick response. my other source is DX160. is that a good pairing?
Sorry, I cannot help you with that; never had any of ibasso’s players.

To my ears, Monarchs are so detailed that they show the limits of the rest of the chain. Somehow, mojo comes through as coarse and muddy , in comparison to another dacs. I lowe chord otherwise, have almost every iteration of Qute in my home various speaker systems, and I enjoy Hugo with Monarchs, but I really cannot make myself listening to mojo via Monarchs... I have been happy with mojo otherwise though, esp. throttled by IEMatch for iems.

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #1,113 of 4,753
I have a Monarch and S8F on the way from USPS, both were supposed to be delivered on Saturday and now they are delayed. This is a bummer, I just want to listen :frowning2:
Have you taken delivery yet?😊If so, how you like them both?

Dec 27, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #1,115 of 4,753
my other source is DX160. is that a good pairing?
Soundwise, the DX160 is an awesome player, so as far as portability is considered I'm sure you'll be a very happy camper with it.

I own both a 2020 DX160 and a FiiO M11Pro. Simply put, the Monarch underlines the player's character in both cases: to sum it up, the DX160 sounds more musical and cohesive while the M11Pro sounds more detailed and airy to my ears and mind. As a side note, the M11Pro sounds very similar to the DX160 if you add the HiBy 20Ω impendance adapter down the line: less "surgical" and with some added sub and mid-bass presence while trading away some precision and soundstage width. A good compromise for old style rock. Not an ideal one for electronica and (live) jazz, if you ask me.
Reasons why the M11Pro had become my daily driver over the DX160 is some little extra battery life, better radios and build-quality. Nothing to do with the charming sound of the DX160 (free Fidelizer ROM here).

Sow-uh... Net of your expectations, you're going to feel great with your DX160 and the Monarch ! =)
Happy Holidays! :snowman2: :christmas_tree:

Snow_M11onarchy-PRO.jpg

Dec 27, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #1,116 of 4,753
Soundwise, the DX160 is an awesome player, so as far as portability is considered I'm sure you'll be a very happy camper with it.

I own both a 2020 DX160 and a FiiO M11Pro. Simply put, the Monarch underlines the player's character in both cases: to sum it up, the DX160 sounds more musical and cohesive while the M11Pro sounds more detailed and airy to my ears and mind. As a side note, the M11Pro sounds very similar to the DX160 if you add the HiBy 20Ω impendance adapter down the line: less "surgical" and with some added sub and mid-bass presence while trading away some precision and soundstage width. A good compromise for old style rock. Not an ideal one for electronica and (live) jazz, if you ask me.
Reasons why the M11Pro had become my daily driver over the DX160 is some little extra battery life, better radios and build-quality. Nothing to do with the charming sound of the DX160 (free Fidelizer ROM here).

Sow-uh... Net of your expectations, you're going to feel great with your DX160 and the Monarch ! =)
Happy Holidays! :snowman2: :christmas_tree:

Snow_M11onarchy-PRO.jpg
Thanks for the detailed impressions ☺️ became very close to buy the Monarch 😉
wish you Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!🥂
Lacas

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #1,117 of 4,753
Dec 31, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #1,121 of 4,753
Well, feel free to vote when you have a chance.

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,122 of 4,753
For mid-tier all BA IEMs I much prefer the Moondrop S8. Far better balanced signature for all types of music.
Actually, I am considering to get the Moondrop S8, as isolation is important for me. It has no vents so it is excellent in that regard. Do the Twins isolate just as well? In that case maybe I will get one of them.

And if you call the S8 mid-tier, can you please recommend something top tier that isolates extremely well?

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #1,123 of 4,753
Actually, I am considering to get the Moondrop S8, as isolation is important for me. It has no vents so it is excellent in that regard. Do the Twins isolate just as well? In that case maybe I will get one of them.

And if you call the S8 mid-tier, can you please recommend something top tier that isolates extremely well?

Anything with BA only will most likely not be ported and thus the isolation will depend solely on the seal by eartips. From my experience, with correct eartip Andros, Angies and Roxannes all provide near perfect isolation. I currently listen to Roxannes with Azla xelastecs (my new favourites which dethroned Final E types), and do no not mind wee ones playing and screaming in the same room with me.

Monarchs are little less isolating, but still good in my book though.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #1,124 of 4,753

I find that IEMs that have a tubed design, tend to be able to isolate really well, regardless of whether or not there is a vent vs fully sealed. As long as the air from the vent doesn’t communicate directly with the nozzle/ear canal. In fact, probably mostly due to shape and fit, my Mangird Tea (vented DD) and UM MEST (vented DD) isolate better than my Fearless S8P (sealed all-BA). This is all with the same foam tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back